Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
A Local Bonus
ISO: 50 
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 03-08-2015, 09:12 AM

The Highland Roads Department has provided today additional facilities in terms of a car wash, the only problem it can only be used by one car at a time.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 1,246
03-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also not for a Smart car!
03-08-2015, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Also not for a Smart car!
Aye... the last one that tried it, floated off left into the trees and was never seen again.
03-08-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Try doing this at speed! The effect is hilarious!If you don't rip the exhaust out when you do it! Broke a church van doing that. Oops!

03-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Hope cars don't go over the center line of their wheels...or it will be new wheel bearings for some.
03-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Try doing this at speed! The effect is hilarious!If you don't rip the exhaust out when you do it!
It was over 2.5 feet deep in places, at speed you would stall the engine, a slow gentle motion forward pushing the bow wave ahead of you is the answer.
03-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Hope cars don't go over the center line of their wheels...or it will be new wheel bearings for some
I'm afraid it was way deeper than that, I was more concerned about it coming in the doors at the time.

08-02-2018, 05:30 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
The Highland Roads Department has provided today additional facilities in terms of a car wash, the only problem it can only be used by one car at a time.
Whoops!
08-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Whoops!
Now where's your sense of adventure?
10-31-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Car wash! ..oh yep. Can't recommend washing engines in there. Also, they recycle water.

welp...

Last edited by blues_hawk; 10-31-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: because RECENT obviously has no meaning here.
10-31-2019, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
Car wash! ..oh yep. Can't recommend washing engines in there. Also, they recycle water.

welp...
I would agree modern electronics and water tend not to get on... this happens quite often in the Highlands when fast flowing burns get excited.
10-31-2019, 02:46 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One could bring a rod and line to pass the time and in that way turn a risk in an opportunity...
10-31-2019, 03:06 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This image embodies the spirit of my youth. "Low water crossings" were much cheaper to build than bridges and bridge approaches for back country roads. Although they were usually just a couple inches of water, rains could convert them into rapidly flowing streams.

The last one I took was for work. We checked out a company car from the car pool and set off to do our country reviews. At one point, it was a low water crossing or a 5 mile drive around to get to the other side where we had to continue our work. Backing up the hill, I charged down into the water in a big splash. Just as we started to float, the front wheel drive grabbed the opposite shore and up we went. Whew. . . My female co-worker was silent and wide-eyed throughout. "If we'd died, I would have blamed you in heaven" she said about an hour later. :-)
10-31-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I would agree modern electronics and water tend not to get on... this happens quite often in the Highlands when fast flowing burns get excited.
I think the Suzukis would have been fine, but that second car in the queue was at risk of washing off the road.
You've made a use of the word "burn" which I noticed recently in New Zealand. There's plenty of Scottish names in Australia, but until the visit to Queenstown, I wasn't aware of that meaning of "burn".
11-01-2019, 03:48 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
One could bring a rod and line to pass the time and in that way turn a risk in an opportunity...
That sounds like a fine plan