Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Avalon Airshow 2015
Lens: Sigma 17-70C/ Sigma 18-250 Camera: Pentax k50 Photo Location: Avalon Airport ISO: 50 
Posted By: silver_dragon, 03-10-2015, 02:45 AM

Gday guys,

Here a few photos from my recent trip to the Avalon Airshow a couple of weeks ago. It was a very overcast day which made it quite a challenge taking photos for me, there were plenty of crap photos but i thought i would put up a few of the good ones to share with everyone.

enjoy!

cheers,

stefan

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Last edited by silver_dragon; 03-10-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Views: 1,232
03-10-2015, 06:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks a lot for sharing, looks like a fun show.
03-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by silver_dragon Quote
Gday guys,

Here a few photos from my recent trip to the Avalon Airshow a couple of weeks ago. It was a very overcast day which made it quite a challenge taking photos for me, there were plenty of crap photos but i thought i would put up a few of the good ones to share with everyone.
What make and model is that heavy-lift aircraft? I don't recognize it.

Oops, sorry. I recognize it now. It's not a cargo plane. It's a B-52.

Last edited by pete-tarmigan; 03-10-2015 at 06:56 AM. Reason: error
03-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
What make and model is that heavy-lift aircraft? I don't recognize it.

Oops, sorry. I recognize it now. It's not a cargo plane. It's a B-52.
Have some respect for a senior citizen, Pete! :-)

03-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That's a very nice set, thank you for sharing. I wish airshows had more Axis powers variety. I've seen all the Warhawks, Mustangs and Corsairs I need for this lifetime.
03-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The big shows in England and of course Planes of Fame in Cali are on my bucket list. They have some one-of-a-kinds planes flying.
03-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
cheers for the positive comments guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
That's a very nice set, thank you for sharing. I wish airshows had more Axis powers variety. I've seen all the Warhawks, Mustangs and Corsairs I need for this lifetime.
it's a great shame that very few of the axis planes are displayed at airshows. Im going to guess that the vast majority of them were destroyed/scrapped after the war. I think its quite sad that there are very few of those fine peices of machinery exist today, largely as musuem peice's only.

i was fortunate enough to see the Mitsubishi A6M Zero on display at the military history museum in Tokyo last year which is meant to be one of the few remaining flyable Zero's left in the world if Im not mistaken.

My ultimate warbird fantasy is to see a Dehavilland Mosquito being flown around at an airshow

03-11-2015, 03:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by silver_dragon Quote
cheers for the positive comments guys!

it's a great shame that very few of the axis planes are displayed at airshows. Im going to guess that the vast majority of them were destroyed/scrapped after the war. I think its quite sad that there are very few of those fine peices of machinery exist today, largely as musuem peice's only.

i was fortunate enough to see the Mitsubishi A6M Zero on display at the military history museum in Tokyo last year which is meant to be one of the few remaining flyable Zero's left in the world if Im not mistaken.

My ultimate warbird fantasy is to see a Dehavilland Mosquito being flown around at an airshow
I read recently that an outfit here in the US is restoring a Val. That'd be awesome to see in flight.
03-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Nice photos! Love the first one of the P-51 on taxi. It's also great to see all those photographers capturing the taxi as well

The B-52 is such an ominous looking plane to begin with. The angle of the shot and dark clouds make it so much more ominous looking.
03-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Great set of photos , thanks for sharing ..
03-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #11

Great series, thanks for sharing. My comments: #1 with the P51 on taxy with all the cameras pointed to the left. Wonder what's coming?
The ominous looking B52, capable of horrendous destruction with people in foreground out for a picnic with lawn chairs. What a contrast!
03-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Have some respect for a senior citizen, Pete! :-)
The paint job threw me off. I'm used to seeing them in camo. Yes, the B-52 is venerable, especially considering it has been in service for over half the history of aviation.
03-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
The paint job threw me off. I'm used to seeing them in camo. Yes, the B-52 is venerable, especially considering it has been in service for over half the history of aviation.
And will probably be in service for at least another 10-20 years! :-)