Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Boreal Chickadee
Lens: DA*60-250 + HD DA 1.4 TC Camera: K=3 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 400 
Posted By: normhead, 03-16-2015, 06:30 PM

K-3
DA*60-250 + HD DA 1.4 TC.

I was off to the park to capture the Boreal Chickadee...












Views: 789
03-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Syracuse, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,777
I'm hoping to get one this spring in the Adirondacks. A place called Ferd's Bog.
03-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Wonderful shots! Aren't they the cutest! I'll trade you a new baby squirrel for one of those! You have to show financial ability to feed him. My loan officer won't loan me another dime until they lose some weight.....

Regards!
03-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian
volley's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springe
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,817
Wonderful series Norm! Excellence in composition and excecution. The first one is my favorite.
Norbert

03-17-2015, 12:34 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,062
What a beautiful bird.
03-17-2015, 04:33 AM   #6
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Really beautiful.....
03-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #7
Banned




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 33,658
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I'm hoping to get one this spring in the Adirondacks. A place called Ferd's Bog.
They are not quite as friendly as blackcaps, but still quite tolerant of human presence. The problem is always finding them in the first place.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wonderful shots! Aren't they the cutest! I'll trade you a new baby squirrel for one of those! You have to show financial ability to feed him. My loan officer won't loan me another dime until they lose some weight.....

Regards!
We are the extreme south edge of their winter range. These guys are cold weather birds. They'd be lonely down there.

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Wonderful series Norm! Excellence in composition and excecution. The first one is my favorite.
Norbert
Thanks, that one was a bit overexposed so I lost detail in the sites but that sort of give it a Christmas card kind of effect. It's different for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What a beautiful bird.
On behalf of the little bird I'd like to say "ah golly gee, shucks"

QuoteOriginally posted by sameer4all Quote
Really beautiful.....
Thanks for commenting.
03-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We are the extreme south edge of their winter range. These guys are cold weather birds. They'd be lonely down there.
Norm....we had almost 2 inches of snow this year...a regular blizzard!.....would that be enough for them? It only gets around 110-115F here in August, and I could install a fan in the yard.

Regards!

03-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #9
Banned




Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 33,658
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Norm....we had almost 2 inches of snow this year...a regular blizzard!.....would that be enough for them? It only gets around 110-115F here in August, and I could install a fan in the yard.

Regards!
I asked the little guys and the response was "negatory, it's time for us to head up to the arctic, the two feet of snow on the ground right now isn't enough for us." They all have "no trade" classes in their contracts...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Boreal Chickadee MikePerham Post Your Photos! 6 03-16-2015 08:14 AM
Nature Chickadee Hi Jinks normhead Post Your Photos! 9 12-17-2013 03:12 PM
Nature Chickadee encounter normhead Post Your Photos! 9 12-08-2013 09:04 AM
Nature Goldfinch and Chickadee normhead Post Your Photos! 19 11-25-2013 06:37 AM
Nature Chickadee Sip gjtoth Post Your Photos! 3 07-26-2013 06:24 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top