Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

Rites of Spring
Posted By: Sailor, 03-19-2015, 07:26 PM

As a Rite of Spring (which can occur from mid January to late February in coastal Texas) in years past, I've posted photos of our sailboat, Cut Time, after cleaning, polishing and generally rejuvenating her in preparation of the long sailing season ahead. We sold her last fall, and as the weather has warmed into the '80s over the last couple of weeks, my old impulses kicked in and I felt a palpable sense of loss. Today, as I finished the quarterly polish and wax of my Porsche Boxster S, I decided to record the event analogously. Frankly, it just ain't the same, but it's better than nothing.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 03-19-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Views: 1,462
03-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
good old german quality Like the car !

03-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
You do drive this car don't you Jer?

Looks like it never leaves the driveway.

I'm still trying to wash last winter's salt from mine before it dissolves my car.

Tom G
Actually, Tom, I put about 3500 miles a year on it. With three cars for just the two of us (both retired), we don't accumulate too many miles on any one vehicle - particularly since all of our travel is by air.

From all my years up north, I certainly remember automotive rust. I was one of the fools who bought a Vega, which evidently was purposely designed to readily oxidize in the Earth's atmosphere; one day, while driving in Michigan, the floor pan gave way, and my butt was dangerously close to the pavement while I was barely able to see over the steering wheel. Fortunately, a Chevy dealer was virtually a few hundred feet away, and I was able to slide in with butt uninjured. The shop foreman smiled and said, "Happens all the time."

Jer

---------- Post added 03-24-2015 at 02:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LucaBumble Quote
good old german quality Like the car !
Thanks much! I love driving this thing.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 03-24-2015 at 02:31 PM.