Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Aston Martin On Ice Experience
Lens: Sigma 17-70C Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Arvidsjaur, Sweden ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Nitrogliserin, 03-22-2015, 01:28 PM

I recently participated in Aston Martin On Ice Performance Lapland in Arvidsjaur, Sweden. It was a 4 days of driving on ice training from morning till afternoon, including a special time trial at night.

You can read more about the event from here:
Aston Martin On Ice Experience - Yigit Yuksel | Photographer, Graphic & Web Designer, Traveler, Northern Lights Addict, Petrolhead
Aston Martin On Ice - Yigit Yuksel | Photographer, Graphic & Web Designer, Traveler, Northern Lights Addict, Petrolhead

And more photos from the event and scenes from Arvidsjaur:
Arvidsjaur - Yigit Yuksel | Photographer, Graphic & Web Designer, Traveler, Northern Lights Addict, Petrolhead
Views: 1,205
03-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful shots. It looks mighty cold out there, I'm glad your Sigma performed well...
03-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Beautiful shots. It looks mighty cold out there, I'm glad your Sigma performed well...

Thanks Stavri.

Both of my lens Sigma 17-70C and Samyang 14mm performed very well but that time Lapland wasn't that cold. It was around -5 to +3C.

2 years ago there was around -30, -40C and that time I had K30 and 18-55 WR Kit lens and they both performed well too. (see article) The cold never bothered me anyway
03-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nitrogliserin Quote
Thanks Stavri.

Both of my lens Sigma 17-70C and Samyang 14mm performed very well but that time Lapland wasn't that cold. It was around -5 to +3C.

2 years ago there was around -30, -40C and that time I had K30 and 18-55 WR Kit lens and they both performed well too. (see article) The cold never bothered me anyway
thanks for the link... (bookmarked it)

03-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmm 007, where are you? Looks like a lot of fun, great series and the article on extreme cold photography is a good read as well. Thanks
03-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
thanks for the link... (bookmarked it)
You're welcome.

QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Hmmm 007, where are you? Looks like a lot of fun, great series and the article on extreme cold photography is a good read as well. Thanks
Thanks.

I was in Arvidsjaur, Sweden and can't deny that being 007 for 4 days was very cool
03-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
awesome images you have presented, man that's as cold as ice can that can be. Love the editing btw.

03-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nitrogliserin Quote
I recently participated in Aston Martin On Ice Performance Lapland in Arvidsjaur, Sweden. It was a 4 days of driving on ice training from morning till afternoon, including a special time trial at night.
Sounds like the streets where I grew up, except for the Aston Martin, and for the fact that we drove on ice for longer periods of time: 4-5 months...every winter.
03-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Marvelous experience and marvelous photos - thanks for posting these!

Jer
03-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
awesome images you have presented, man that's as cold as ice can that can be. Love the editing btw.
Thanks Bob.

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
Sounds like the streets where I grew up, except for the Aston Martin, and for the fact that we drove on ice for longer periods of time: 4-5 months...every winter.
The main roads in Sweden and Norway are in better conditions actually. Some parts are still icy but you can see the tarmac most of the time and cars are with spikes on tyres.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Marvelous experience and marvelous photos - thanks for posting these!

Jer
Thanks Jer. I'm glad you liked it.