Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dark and Gloomy revisited
Lens: Samyang 8mm Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Paris, ID ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Rickster, 03-29-2015, 10:05 PM

Thought I would show another shot with the 8mm where careful composition can minimize the 'fisheye' effect. No lens corrections were applied in post, just conversion to black & white and tonal mapping. A little cropping around the edges to remove distracting elements.

Views: 779
03-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Although I liked the first one better; this is also a really nice spooky shot. The PP really adds to the eerieness.
03-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Although I liked the first one better; this is also a really nice spooky shot. The PP really adds to the eerieness.
Yes, I prefer the first one for its 'spookiness' with the bare branches 'reaching in' to grab you. This one is more about the versatility of the 8mm Samyang. I never though I could get shots like this out of it before I got to shoot with it, I was under the impression it would always give me 'fishy' results. Go figure.
03-31-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like 'em both - deliciously moody! I would't walk through that door for anything . . . . . . . . . except maybe for a cold beer.

Jer

03-31-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I cna't help being distracted by the fact that it's *almost" symmetrical, but not quite. The branch at the top left is also a distraction. The rest is excellent.
03-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I cna't help being distracted by the fact that it's *almost" symmetrical, but not quite. The branch at the top left is also a distraction. The rest is excellent.
The branches on the edges are there on purpose for their 'framing' effect.