Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Waiting for the Full Moon, a simple way for you to figure out when Easter day is.
Lens: 18-250mm Camera: K 3 Photo Location: Arizona ISO: 200 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 04-02-2015, 01:30 PM

The Sunday after the first full moon in the Vernal (Spring) Equinox each year is the day Easter is celebrated. Easter Sunday celebrates the Christian belief of Jesus Christ's resurrection, not the day the Easter Bunny makes a visit. Easter is delayed by 1 week if the full moon is on Sunday, which decreases the chances of it falling on the same day as the Jewish Passover. Not all Christian churches observe Easter according the Gregorian calendar. Some churches still observe Easter under the Julian calendar. The Gregorian calendar was created because the Julian calendar was slightly too long. With the Julian calendar, the equinox date moved towards the earlier dates of March and further away from the Easter. Therefore, the introduction of the Gregorian calendar allowed for a realignment with the equinox.

I've simplified this as much as I can and hope it helps you plan Easter in the years ahead.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 1,250
04-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the education, buddy. This is timely information; Connie asked me today why Easter's date varies and how that date is determined. I pretended to know the answer without actually explaining it (sometimes I'm good ); now I can talk with more authority. Connie fell the other day and now is a semi-invalid. I hope she is sufficiently recovered to make it to church on Sunday.

Jer
04-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks for the education, buddy. This is timely information; Connie asked me today why Easter's date varies and how that date is determined. I pretended to know the answer without actually explaining it (sometimes I'm good ); now I can talk with more authority. Connie fell the other day and now is a semi-invalid. I hope she is sufficiently recovered to make it to church on Sunday.

Jer
so sorry to hear that buddy, time to step up and wait on her hand and foot and maybe leg too. Seriously I pray she recovers quickly. This explanation is quite confusing and overly complex I thought, but felt it was funny enough to post. I hope others understand my humor here.
04-03-2015, 02:09 AM   #4
Forum Member

Apparently space is a noisy place to be. I wouldn't want to visit the moon because there's nothing up there, except dust and craters. The moon was created 4.6 billion years ago, I wonder if the almighty would have looked up and seen it?

The Moon is moving apparently 3.8 cm away from our planet every year. Does that mean we'll have weird weather in the future? Apparently there's earthquakes on the moon caused by earth's gravitational pull, oh well I'm being boring. have a lovely Easter all

04-03-2015, 02:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An interesting view of the Moon........
04-03-2015, 06:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

What happens to Easter if I boil my eggs early? Explain that one Bob.
04-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AuraTodd Quote
Apparently space is a noisy place to be. I wouldn't want to visit the moon because there's nothing up there, except dust and craters. The moon was created 4.6 billion years ago, I wonder if the almighty would have looked up and seen it?

The Moon is moving apparently 3.8 cm away from our planet every year. Does that mean we'll have weird weather in the future? Apparently there's earthquakes on the moon caused by earth's gravitational pull, oh well I'm being boring. have a lovely Easter all
you brought up some interesting information, not sure about the weather. Let's check back in a million years and see what's up.

---------- Post added 04-03-15 at 03:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
An interesting view of the Moon........
I was sitting outside and took the shots through the Palm Trees EM. Lots of them in our RV park

04-04-2015, 01:54 AM   #8
Forum Member

Apparently while men were on the moon their guts floated up inside them, no wonder they were sick. It also apparently smells dreadful on the space station because when they wash, they have to use wipes because water floats in a blob. The toilet is like a vacuum cleaner and we is recycled back into drinking water. YUCK!
04-04-2015, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What happens to Easter if I boil my eggs early? Explain that one Bob.
according to the Gregorian calendar, Easter falls on a Sunday between March 22 and April 25 from 1753 to 2400. In the Julian calendar, used by some eastern or Orthodox churches, Easter also falls on a Sunday from March 22 to April 25, which in the Gregorian calendar are from April 3 to May 10 from 1753 to 2400.

In 2007 Easter fell on the same date (April 8) in both calendars when the Julian date was converted to the Gregorian date. This happened in some years, such as 2004, 2010 and 2011

these are all great times to boil eggs early Susan.

---------- Post added 04-04-15 at 02:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by AuraTodd Quote
Apparently while men were on the moon their guts floated up inside them, no wonder they were sick. It also apparently smells dreadful on the space station because when they wash, they have to use wipes because water floats in a blob. The toilet is like a vacuum cleaner and we is recycled back into drinking water. YUCK!
I think I'll just stay on Earth Todd, at least the water is safe and tastes good.