Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Scared Out of His Shell?
Lens: DA 55-300 @ 230 mm Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Texas Sea Center ISO: 280 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-09-2015, 08:09 AM

I spotted what appears to be an empty turtle shell while walking around the Texas Sea Center. I don't remember ever seeing an empty turtle shell, but I'll admit that I'm anything but a naturalist (except at the molecular level ), so it's probably a common thing.

This shell was a fair distance from the elevated path from which it was taken (lens zoomed to 230), and the pic here is a crop that represents about 30% of the original image. Consequently, I wasn't close enough to examine it thoroughly even if I had the know-how to do so.

Jer



Views: 760
04-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,473
dang buddy, you scared him right out of his shell.
04-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,669
Original Poster
Could be, brother Bob. Or - as Rupert suggested in another thread - he's now turtle soup.

Jer
04-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Posts: 90
He is bashful, ran out of his home to avoid his picture being taken.

04-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,950
Obviously he saw those same B&W alien pods that scared me.
04-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,669
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PhotoHeron Quote
He is bashful, ran out of his home to avoid his picture being taken.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Obviously he saw those same B&W alien pods that scared me.
Now we're getting down to a logical explanation!

Jer
07-11-2018, 06:48 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
FozzFoster's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Alberta
Posts: 3,519
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I spotted what appears to be an empty turtle shell while walking around the Texas Sea Center. I don't remember ever seeing an empty turtle shell, but I'll admit that I'm anything but a naturalist (except at the molecular level ), so it's probably a common thing.

This shell was a fair distance from the elevated path from which it was taken (lens zoomed to 230), and the pic here is a crop that represents about 30% of the original image. Consequently, I wasn't close enough to examine it thoroughly even if I had the know-how to do so.

Jer

Great shot thanks for posting!
07-11-2018, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,669
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Great shot thanks for posting!
Thanks. Frankly, I don't remember this photo at all. I'm getting old.

Jer

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, shell, turtle
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrapped in his shell wzdevito Monthly Photo Contests 17 01-17-2015 10:23 AM
As a New Pentax User, I'm Scared. Very Scared. JustShane Pentax DSLR Discussion 109 11-15-2010 07:11 PM
Nature He's One Shell of a Guy Sailor Post Your Photos! 12 07-26-2010 04:15 PM
Focus screen: cheap chinese or shell out for Katz eye with Optibrite? virgilr Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 53 03-30-2009 01:04 PM
Out of his mind roy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 10-05-2007 05:42 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top