Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Waterfall and a Badger sign
Posted By: thomasjmpark, 06-06-2008, 08:52 AM

Hello all,

Made a determined effort to get a photo of this waterfall which is a few miles from my home. I found it very tough to get the right exposure as the whole area is overshadowed by trees and so had to have a long exposure. This is probably the best of the bunch.

Aslo spotted this sign on the way back which I have passed many times but had an urge to photograph today. Needless to say that in the 2 years ive been here ive never spotted the furry little beasts.

Views: 2,212
06-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The waterfalls picture is great, Tom! I know there are blown highlights in the water, but it adds to the mystique of the image. Glowy water falls...ooooooo!

Those British Badgers must be dangerous critters to have such a warning! Is the trail littered with the bones and remains of trail travelling Brits that through caution to the wind and dared venture into badger territory?
06-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
lol, well the bones are carried off by said badgers to there set where reinforce the walls and roof! We get news cats here saying that people have dissappered in the mountains, but we all know what really happened.

Yes the waterfall was toughy. I tried to take the advice from an article I read about 'how to take great waterfall shots' but I dont think that could apply here.

Thanks Jeff, long time no hear. I havnt been on here for a good few weeks, darn weather refuses to be bad so I spend most of my time on the bike.
06-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tom,

Nice work on the waterfall. I know everyone thinks that they are easy to do... but they should try it and find out how technically challenging it can be. I gotta' agree with Tom on this one though... nice framing and end product.

So... you have people over there that inspect badges every 1/2 mile?

Stephen

06-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thankyou Stephen It certainly is tough, but its good fun clambering around rocks to get a good position.

lol, and yes, those pesky badge inspectors
06-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the waterfall. I think it came out really well. I found out myself that trees overshadowing pretty much anything are PITA when trying to make landscape picture...
BR
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks axl yes, shooting in the shade is a pain. I guess some sort of filter might have helped but not sure which one?

06-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I allways get amazed by shoots like that.. nice strong colors and perfect blur .
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Great water fall.

Hey Tom.. Long time no see.. I thought maybe those tomatoes took over and got you or something.. lol..

Good to hear someone is having nice weather.. Its been rainy and cool here in Idaho.... I am sooo ready for summer..

I love the waterfall.. it is beautiful.. you did a great job.... Thanks for sharin it..

Kim
06-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Thanks Jeff, long time no hear. I havnt been on here for a good few weeks, darn weather refuses to be bad so I spend most of my time on the bike.
There must be a bit of Canadian in your blood - apologizing for enjoying good weather! Imagine!

We Canucks are know to be overly apologetic.

And I apologize for that last statement my fellow countrymen - it was totally uncalled for.
06-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Lovely shot of the waterfall.
06-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everyone
Jeff, dont know about canadian but we scots complain about any kind of weather

Kim, the killer tomatoes almost had me! thankyou
06-07-2008, 05:11 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I always like water flow turning into a stream of silk.

The long exposure is quite tricky some time. I found long exposure beyond 1 sec really ruins the grace of the flow.

Your first shot is the way I like it.
06-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thankyou kindly roentarre