Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Why Would Anyone Live In Dillon, Montana????
Camera: K3 Photo Location: dillon 
Posted By: jkwhawk, 04-15-2015, 04:48 PM

Hmmm....For some it would be location, location, location.

Attached Images

Views: 1,972
04-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
beautiful country for sure Jim, I wouldn't advertise it too much though.
04-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Places like Colorado, Montana, they're oh so beautiful but all that beauty it does have it's trade offs. For one you have some pretty harsh weather situations sometimes and for another for water you only have lakes and rivers and that. I do like the scenery there, think it's gorgeous and would love to visit, but I could never wish to live someplace so far from a major ocean. I like lakes, love rivers, but I have to be somewhat near an ocean. It's just in my blood somehow, that need to be around a huge body of salt water. But hey, to each their own. If plains and mountains do it for you than so be it and I honestly wish you happy there. Someone has to live there and like it I suppose. My idea of the perfect location "West" that's CA, WA, OR. I could never live where you do and like it for long. It would drive me crazy after a while big beautiful skies and mountains notwithstanding.
04-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I bet they have huge satellite dishes.

04-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Aye and think of the length of cable required from the dish on that snow capped mountain down to the house.
04-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Yup. More and more it's becoming important to keep those kind of secrets.
04-16-2015, 03:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I would move back to Montana in a heartbeat if I could. :-(

04-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

One of our first trips without the kids and the start of our treks to all of America's treasures was to Montana. It still remains my favorite. I envy your living there.
04-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I agree, Bob. But I lived in Montana for 35 years before I came to the SW portion and I can't believe what I'd missed all those years.

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Places like Colorado, Montana, they're oh so beautiful but all that beauty it does have it's trade offs. For one you have some pretty harsh weather situations sometimes and for another for water you only have lakes and rivers and that. I do like the scenery there, think it's gorgeous and would love to visit, but I could never wish to live someplace so far from a major ocean. I like lakes, love rivers, but I have to be somewhat near an ocean. It's just in my blood somehow, that need to be around a huge body of salt water. But hey, to each their own. If plains and mountains do it for you than so be it and I honestly wish you happy there. Someone has to live there and like it I suppose. My idea of the perfect location "West" that's CA, WA, OR. I could never live where you do and like it for long. It would drive me crazy after a while big beautiful skies and mountains notwithstanding.
I like the salt water, too. The crowds around it, however, are too much for me on a long term basis. Basically, I'm a hermit.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Actually, it's HD cable.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Aye and think of the length of cable required from the dish on that snow capped mountain down to the house.
Just from the end of the driveway to the house.

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Yup. More and more it's becoming important to keep those kind of secrets.
I totally agree, but most of the tourists never venture out on back roads. And as a result, they never know what they've missed.

QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
I would move back to Montana in a heartbeat if I could. :-(
Don't give up. Maybe someday....

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
One of our first trips without the kids and the start of our treks to all of America's treasures was to Montana. It still remains my favorite. I envy your living there.
I'm very lucky to have been here since 1974. And even luckier to have been able to stay here after retirement.
04-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks a lot like the town I live in!
Beautiful, fun, but sometimes harsh. We like to say that keeps the riffraff out.
04-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I lived in Colorado 30 years ago, too many people now. Montana's a beautiful part of the US, but I need a little more green.

I do need to take a road trip out that way again, the wide open spaces and big skies are incredible.
04-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I lived in Colorado 30 years ago, too many people now. Montana's a beautiful part of the US, but I need a little more green.

I do need to take a road trip out that way again, the wide open spaces and big skies are incredible.
I agree for the front range and I-70 but out here on the Western Slope it's not so bad. I'd love to check out Montana too.