Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Grand Canyon Trees
Lens: DA 15 Ltd Camera: K-3 Photo Location: South Rim Grand Canyon ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F14 
Posted By: lukulele, 04-16-2015, 11:51 AM

A few from a couple of spectacular days at the Grand Canyon Last week.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 1,190
04-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
They look similar to the Bristlecone. Very interesting old twisted tree.
Attached Images
 
04-17-2015, 06:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,372
We will be there this coming September and can't wait. Love the glimpse you give us of the canyon behind that lovely tree.
04-17-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,803
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
We will be there this coming September and can't wait. Love the glimpse you give us of the canyon behind that lovely tree.
Susan,
Since we went early in April, the trails on the south rim were virtually empty for sunrise walk/hikes and the snowbirds had left Scottsdale/Phoenix. A couple of hours later the buses arrived and the masses formed. We stayed in the Bright Angel cabins right in center of the rim allowing easy exploration in horizontal or vertical directions. Food and room rates on site were surprisingly reasonable for cheap retired teachers. Take your best glass and a CPL/ND as the light can be magical. Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix has one free Tuesday each month and is well worth it if you head south. So much light in AZ!

04-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,372
QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Susan,
Since we went early in April, the trails on the south rim were virtually empty for sunrise walk/hikes and the snowbirds had left Scottsdale/Phoenix. A couple of hours later the buses arrived and the masses formed. We stayed in the Bright Angel cabins right in center of the rim allowing easy exploration in horizontal or vertical directions. Food and room rates on site were surprisingly reasonable for cheap retired teachers. Take your best glass and a CPL/ND as the light can be magical. Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix has one free Tuesday each month and is well worth it if you head south. So much light in AZ!
Thanks for the info. We will be staying in the campground on the south rim this trip. Part of our 50th anniversary sweep to many of our western national parks. We have done the trip several times but each time we manage to see something different. One thing about the buses, no one ever seems to leave the area so you don't have to go far to get away.
04-17-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bruce Clark's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brookfield, Victoria
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,295
A not often seen part of the landscape especially from such a spectacular landscape.
04-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,803
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
A not often seen part of the landscape especially from such a spectacular landscape.
Thanks Bruce,
The trees seemed to reach continuously to the contrasting and shifting contrails minute by minute.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, canyon, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Canyon pablox Monthly Photo Contests 12 02-06-2015 01:16 PM
Landscape Grand Canyon Bob Harris Post Your Photos! 9 08-30-2014 08:47 AM
Landscape Grand View of the Grand Canyon... mtgmansf Pentax K-3 Photo Contest 9 06-02-2014 05:44 PM
Trees in Grand Canyon rh8liuqy Monthly Photo Contests 0 02-02-2014 12:42 AM
Trees at Grand Canyon South Rim stevelink Monthly Photo Contests 0 09-24-2011 08:17 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:16 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top