Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Canal in Dublin
Posted By: tonezime, 04-16-2015, 07:55 PM

Views: 945
04-17-2015, 04:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jennifer King Photo Workshops. Small Group. U.S and International Locations. Jennifer King Photography Workshops | Jennifer King Photography Workshops, LLC. was the guest speaker at our camera club meeting last month. She asked how many people used "rule of thirds principal of photography" Rule of Thirds - Digital Photography School. I cropped your picture as an example. I think it transformed a picture into a work of art.
Attached Images

04-17-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm ambivalent; you lose the reflection of the clouds and the birds in the water.

---------- Post added 04-17-15 at 09:07 AM ----------

Don't get me wrong, rule of thirds is useful: https://flic.kr/p/rNHRyj
(middle of her back, top of the crenellation)

Maybe cropping out the clouds, instead?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/130740124@N07/9q0h39/

(thanks for the critique in any case!)

Last edited by tonezime; 04-17-2015 at 10:10 PM.
04-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Jennifer King Photo Workshops. Small Group. U.S and International Locations. Jennifer King Photography Workshops | Jennifer King Photography Workshops, LLC. was the guest speaker at our camera club meeting last month. She asked how many people used "rule of thirds principal of photography" Rule of Thirds - Digital Photography School. I cropped your picture as an example. I think it transformed a picture into a work of art.
I have to say, I agree. It's a fine picture even without editing, but the crop works better for me...

I know quite a few people who aren't too keen on cropping photos, but I do it all the time - sometimes because the lens I was using didn't have enough reach to isolate the subject matter, and sometimes - as in this case - to maximise the artistic potential. Other times, I find a new picture within a bigger shot, and get two or more pictures for the price of one

As I said, though - great picture.

04-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #5
Forum Member

Nicely done, I like the first one better with the refelction.