Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What a day, Pirates, and Wild Beasts
Posted By: little laker, 06-06-2008, 04:19 PM

I was sure glad that I had a 200mm prime on my K100D earlier today, when I went down to the waterfront, and encountered some Pirates

It turns out that they're friendly pirates, and I spoke with them for a few minutes.
Here's their web site.

The water at the back of the boat is shopped, although it does really float. And holds 2 people.

Then I walked onwards, and almost got attacked by these Ferocious Beasts

After they realized I just wouldn't taste all that good they left me photograph them
They're doing some PR work for a really good cause. Please take the time to read about it here.

As you may have figured out there's a children's festival in that park. I walked in after it was basically shut down for the day, but I've been asked back there for a few photographs
It'll probably just be PR for me, but I know that I'll love it.

Oh, I'll be bringing along more than a 200mm prime tomorrow. I was only planning on photographing the birds in the sanctuary right beside this park, so it's all that I brought lens wise.
Views: 1,280
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a tough crew - better batten down the hatches.

Jer
06-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like fun!!!

It looks like you stumbled on some fun stuff Stu.... That is pretty cool they want you to come back to take some pics...

I love the faces... How creative is that!!!! Especially the secone one with the tongue sticking out...

Thanks for sharin these.. I look forward to seeing what you come up with after your next visit with them...

Kim