Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Elizabeth Finally Had A Bath
Lens: smc Pentax !:2.8-4.5 5-15mm Camera: Pentax Q7 Photo Location: Fayette County ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/800s Aperture: F45 
Posted By: sherrvonne, 04-17-2015, 11:25 PM

Three months since Elizabeth was washed. My schedule was either hectic, then the weather got cold, then warm and rainy, I detailed my clients vehicle, had migraines, fibro flare ups, then worked on the yard and garden. It was only after one of my house cleaning clients razzed me about my dirty vehicle since they had just washed theirs did I finally make it a priority. It lasted maybe 12 hrs before all the rain started again. Tried to get some 'pet a day' photos but Ming wasn't cooperating, I accidentally changed the Q settings to Tav and then couldn't figure out how to change it back to manual whilst keeping the dog from jumping out of the window during the pics. Oh well maybe she will be a more cooperative model next time. Elizabeth however posed quite well I think.Attachment 265452

Last edited by sherrvonne; 06-12-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Views: 1,163
04-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots, sharp with good lighting and colour.
04-18-2015, 12:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
whether it is dirty or clean, a Jeep always looks good to me, but I do have to admit that is one nice ride that you have all cleaned up and ready to get dirty again.
04-18-2015, 06:33 AM   #4

Really like the composition on #1......and really like the color of the Jeep!

04-19-2015, 03:35 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Elizabeth Finally Had A Bath
And people think I'm odd for naming my lenses... but none of my "Ladies" are as familiar as this and using a first name only.
04-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
And people think I'm odd for naming my lenses... but none of my "Ladies" are as familiar as this and using a first name only.
Named the red Wrangler after my mom (Elizabeth) the blue Jeep liberty I had for 8 yrs was named Wendy (windy) my sister drove Wendy for several more yrs until a big farm truck with a huge trailer hitch backed up and ripped a gash through it from the headlight into the engine parts and the drivers side door), The K3 is named Spencer, the sigma 500mm is called Babe ( babe is an inside joke between my sister and I because her husband who is sort of a rocker dude calls her babe and she hates it) The Q7 is
Susie Q, The Sears KS 500 is Author after the neighbor that gave it to me. I have a couple more cameras and lenses to name haven't got that far yet, and R.I.P. to the digital Olympus named Georgie. Georgie was old and finally never turned on again even after receiving new battery packs.
04-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
My first RAV4 was named Henry. It just looked like a handy. We were in a really bad accident, head on at 70km, riding away in the ambulance with my ex on the stretcher, my ex turned to me and said "How's Henry?" I answered "He's dead." The ambulance driver slammed on the brakes and said "Did we leave somebody back there? " You have to be careful about naming cars IMHO.

04-20-2015, 05:56 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like the first one - it's great to see Elizabeth with the bridge in the background.

I've only had names for two of my cars over the years, but the appellations I bestowed on these two dismal vehicles (a '78 Monte Carlo and an '82 Camaro Z28) are not fit for print in a family forum.

Jer
04-20-2015, 06:34 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I really like the first one - it's great to see Elizabeth with the bridge in the background.

I've only had names for two of my cars over the years, but the appellations I bestowed on these two dismal vehicles (a '78 Monte Carlo and an '82 Camaro Z28) are not fit for print in a family forum.

Jer
One car I owned was eventually dubbed 'Christine' After it went NUTS and kept oddly accelerating to speeds up to 100 as I was driving to Bastrop one day. It was constantly speeding up after I was applying the brakes to slow it down. Then I realized the gas pedal was depressing on it's own. I finally stopped the car by applying the emergency brake after burning out the regular brakes after managing to reduce the speed to at least 30mph. After I applied the emergency brake the vehicle was still moving at about 10mph and trying to accelerate so then I just gave it up and threw the gear shift. OH what a noise that made, thought I killed that engine! Well it died out at that point, turns out there was a short in the Cruise Control and it had turned itself on. I never used the cruise control before the incident or especially after, lol. I actually demanded it be unhooked forever.

---------- Post added 04-20-15 at 08:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My first RAV4 was named Henry. It just looked like a handy. We were in a really bad accident, head on at 70km, riding away in the ambulance with my ex on the stretcher, my ex turned to me and said "How's Henry?" I answered "He's dead." The ambulance driver slammed on the brakes and said "Did we leave somebody back there? " You have to be careful about naming cars IMHO.
04-21-2015, 01:15 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Named the red Wrangler after my mom (Elizabeth) the blue Jeep liberty I had for 8 yrs was named Wendy (windy)
For me the Jeeps called Jeep... and the pickups called truck, pretty straight forward eh.