Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Rugby: Sharks vs Bulls at King's Park Stadium, Durban
Posted By: Neville, 04-18-2015, 10:48 PM

I had two firsts last night.

I used my new (to me) Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens for the first time on my K5-II, and I received accreditation to take photos, for the first time, at a top level rugby match at King's Park stadium in Durban.

It was a night of mixed experiences and emotions - learning to use the lens at a high level match in front of a huge crowd was daunting. I did not have a monopod, so the lens took its toll on my arm muscles. I also broke a few rules, like walking in front of the TV cameraman and forgetting to collect my sponsored photographer bib, etc. But all in all, it was a fantastic experience!

Views: 992
04-19-2015, 12:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Some terrific lineout shots there. Also looks like you got better at anticipating the action as the game progressed. The Sharks player fend against no 27 is fantastic grab.
04-19-2015, 02:02 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really liked the shots!!!! Nice job!!! Even though I don't understand the finer points of what is going on, the images - the expressions, the crowd shots, the kids, the pregame - it was all interesting to me. You caught my attention and kept it. Sooooo much I don't understand about the game - but I won't show my absolute ignorance here...

04-19-2015, 06:01 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those are some excellent shots. You grabbed some great action shots. I shot sports back in my days of film and really miss it. It can be one big adrenaline rush. Yeah a monopod can help out a lot. I do not think I could shoot all night without one now. I used to start without one and then switch to it once I started to get tired. You do not get sharp images like that by just relying autofocus alone.

04-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the cheerleader shots the best!