Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tornado
Posted By: alamo5000, 04-27-2015, 07:29 PM

We had a tornado hit us last night. Here are some of the pics I snapped.

In the first two pictures a pine tree was completely uprooted. The trunk of the tree is about 12 to 15 foot around at it's base. Obviously the root ball is much larger. It blew down at the local Methodist Church.

This guy got his car port smashed in. The funny thing is a tree smashed it but when he came out to inspect the tree that did the smashing was already gone.

This tree that was snapped in two was another big one. The stump is about six feet tall.

This sign was blown over sheerly by the wind. The rain and flood waters were rushing down hill, but this sign post got bent over up hill in the opposite direction of the water.

My back yard rifle range is pretty covered up with trees and debris. The tops of huge pine trees and oak trees that were blown over are all scattered along the way. This shot is taken about from my normal shooting position. I have a lane that goes out to 200 yards. Those tree tops in the background are at about the 50 yard mark. Right at the 100 yard mark there are some big fallen trees and broken off tree tops that were thrown around by the wind.

Views: 2,181
04-27-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
Wow. I'm glad you are safe. That looks terrifying.
Thank you!

It takes a lot of wind to break big trees in half and throw them around like that!
04-27-2015, 08:15 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great images - glad you made it thru relatively unscathed!
04-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Great images - glad you made it thru relatively unscathed!
Thank you

I thought some of the pics turned out ok.

It was sort of an inadvertent photo essay

04-27-2015, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That was quite a storm. Glad you made it through. Nice documentation of the event.
04-28-2015, 06:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Great post--we got raked here in Knoxville a couple of years back, but I don't miss the regular F4/F5's we used to get in Birmingham and back home in Ark-la-tex. On the upside, though, that's probably the best light you're going to have all year.