Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Spring skiing season has arrived!
Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Tromsų, Norway 
Posted By: ZoeB, 04-28-2015, 12:03 AM

And as such my sister and her boyfriend have come up for their annual ski visit. Here are some of my favourite shots from this weekend!

Views: 966
04-28-2015, 03:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice! Amazing scenery and light. The scale is impressive.
04-28-2015, 06:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't get over how healthy and happy you all look in the snow. Gives me the shivers. That last shot is amazing.
04-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Awesome set...difficult lighting situations to be sure, but I think the processing guru's on the board could help you make the penultimate capture really special. (BTW, good to see the lad rocking the Bryjne...I've long wanted a set, but then it doesn't always pay to be on the bleeding edge of fashion here in backwoods Appalachia.)

04-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I can't get over how healthy and happy you all look in the snow. Gives me the shivers. That last shot is amazing.
Thanks! Me too-- both when I was there, and looking at the shots now. Self praise? maybe a little. But the mountains do most of the talking for themselves.

---------- Post added 04-28-2015 at 09:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Awesome set...difficult lighting situations to be sure, but I think the processing guru's on the board could help you make the penultimate capture really special. (BTW, good to see the lad rocking the Bryjne...I've long wanted a set, but then it doesn't always pay to be on the bleeding edge of fashion here in backwoods Appalachia.)
Yeah, i see now that that one's a little dark. I'll have to go back for a second pass on it.

As for the netting, it isn't so much the bleeding edge of fashion here, pretty common really, and the one that he's wearing is actually military issue
04-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
actually military issue

Absolutely, it's a great solution to that high-output/cold weather scenario that gets so many people into trouble (here in the States, it's popular with motorcycle riders...at least the ones confident in their own masculinity.) I'm not quite ready to lope around the GSMNP dressed like Tim Curry in Rocky Horror (or Freddie Mercury's older, balde,r brother) but I'm working myself up to it.

Otherwise, I think your photo will hold up to a lot of aggressive edits, from several gradient filters to selective sharpening. It's got strong bones!