Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Impromptu Home School Activity
Posted By: sherrvonne, 04-29-2015, 01:47 PM

Met with some friends Monday and we decided to eat lunch so the park. During our earlier discussion a new friend with her son learned that I had a camera with me. She ask me if I would introduce her son to photography. Lol, I just happened to have the K3 hooked up to the Sigma 150-500mm and the tripod in the back of the Jeep. I also had two film cameras. Well this was her son's first experience with a DSLR and an SLR film camera. My friend sent me a pic of us from her iPhone. This was so much fun, I really enjoyed myself and so did Brennan.

Attached Images

Views: 936
04-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That was so nice of you. It will surely be a memory he never forgets.
04-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great to hear and see this.
04-30-2015, 06:49 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Great to hear and see this.
Ditto.

Jer

04-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The student was so excited to see his pics. I had the best ones printed off for him. Kids are amazing since they have no fear of learning something new. Once we got passed don't trip over the tripod, how to zoom, and where the shutter button was he started picking out his subjects. I had him check the ev bar scale and how to adjust it and how to adjust shutter speed. (And explained what it was to begin with) then we took out the Sears KS 500 and let him try manual focus. He finished off that roll of film. Now I need to find where to get it developed. None of the Walmarts, Walgreens, or CVS stores give your negatives back. I really hate that.