Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Botanical garden Zagreb
Posted By: ivrabec985, 04-30-2015, 06:10 AM

Today I didn't work so I decided to take a walk in Botanical garden...
Hope you'll enjoy!

Views: 1,865
05-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #16

05-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #17

Original Poster
thank you all!

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Great pics my friend! I have also noticed that the Helios sometimes produces the same swirling bokeh in close focus, as obvious in your pictures too (like the 6th one), but I haven't calculate what the ratio between the focus distance and the background should be to achieve this. Have you make any observations? For longer distances a member in here had written an article with a radio of around 4-6 meters focus distance to ~10 meters background distance which works great (that is more or less 1:2). Maybe the same goes to close focus but I still have to try and see! :-)
thanks!
i bought the helios just because of that swirly bokeh but i know people who don't like it at all.
i know i like it, a lot
so far i haven't calculate the distance that produce that swirl effect. i just shot by feeling, and if i want to increase that effect i walk to achieve it
but i might calculate that when i go to my cottage house and when i'll have plenty of free time.