Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Lily
Camera: K-5 IIs Photo Location: Seattle, WA 
Posted By: alan_smithee_photos, 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM

Great shoot with Lily, a young, aspiring model the other day. I wouldn't be surprised if an agency snaps her up.

Film is still at the lab but here are some preliminary digital shots.

All photos K-5 IIs. A 50mm 1.7

Voigtlander Nokton 58mm 1.4 SL II

Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 90mm 3.5 SL II

A 50mm 1.7

DA 35mm 2.8

A 50mm 1.7

Can't wait to see the film...

Voigtlander Nokton 58mm 1.4 SL II

Views: 1,676
05-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice series.. as usually from you I also like the locations you shot at !

One thing I find particularly interesting.. Most of these shots are quite engaging and with eye contact , which makes them quite personal. is this something of a modern requirement or standard or your personal style ? I recently got interested in model photography and find it fascinating how many factors are making what we call a good photo!
Many thanks for sharing !
05-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Nice series.. as usually from you I also like the locations you shot at !

One thing I find particularly interesting.. Most of these shots are quite engaging and with eye contact , which makes them quite personal. is this something of a modern requirement or standard or your personal style ? I recently got interested in model photography and find it fascinating how many factors are making what we call a good photo!
Many thanks for sharing !
Thx much! That is an interesting comment. I find that it varies a lot, how much of the time I have the model look directly into the lens/at the viewer vs. having her gaze directed elsewhere. I definitely gravitate toward a more personal, intimate feel to the images, so looking into the lens makes sense. I also like the way having the model look into the lens can sort of challenge the viewer, giving another dimension to the image.

But I think the photographers' personal style and the kind of collaboration they have with the model largely dictates this. Hopefully it works well more often than not!
05-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
Thx much! That is an interesting comment. I find that it varies a lot, how much of the time I have the model look directly into the lens/at the viewer vs. having her gaze directed elsewhere. I definitely gravitate toward a more personal, intimate feel to the images, so looking into the lens makes sense. I also like the way having the model look into the lens can sort of challenge the viewer, giving another dimension to the image. But I think the photographers' personal style and the kind of collaboration they have with the model largely dictates this. Hopefully it works well more often than not!
Very helpful, especially so after I was asked few weeks back by a friend of mine to do her a photo session, just casual portraits and photos on various outdoor locations. That experience have put for me the portrait photography into a whole new context , and your explanation is very helpful and inspiring - comments like that makes me more aware of all the components that we as photographers could use to make a photo speaks the way we want.
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Can't wait to see the film...
Me too !

05-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Back to the old conduit again I see.

A different sort of model for you, less curves, no tats or visible piercings, that said still a bonnie young lady... beautifully photographed by your self as always.