Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Blind Lines
Lens: FA 31 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Music Room ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-02-2015, 06:45 PM

Sun on a wall "filtered" through window blinds.

Jer

Views: 1,053
05-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pretty cool, I like that abstract effect... good eye!
05-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
way cool stuff buddy, you've got a great eye for the unusual.
05-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
A truly great texture shot, well seen and taken.

05-03-2015, 06:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice one Jer. Love the texture and the lines. Can't help but feeling that when you go back to shooting window blinds you have been inside too long. Time to rev up the engines and get outside.
05-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Pretty cool, I like that abstract effect... good eye!
Thanks much, Jerry. I'd never seen this pattern before, because until a few weeks ago, this space was occupied by a piano.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
way cool stuff buddy, you've got a great eye for the unusual.
I appreciate that brother Bob.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
A truly great texture shot, well seen and taken.
Hey, Kerrowdown, thanks very much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Nice one Jer. Love the texture and the lines. Can't help but feeling that when you go back to shooting window blinds you have been inside too long. Time to rev up the engines and get outside.
As always, I appreciate your kind words, Susan.

However, your admonition to "get outside" brought a big smile, in part because I read your reply this afternoon shortly after completing a 16-mile bike ride (something we do about five times a week), but also because it's a humorous reminder that one can assume way too much from a single piece of data. The truth is this pic was taken shortly after we returned home from working for seven hours at our church's spring fundraiser, which capped off a week in which we heard the ferocious alto player, Paquito D'Rivera, in concert with a local jazz orchestra; accumulated 60 miles on our bikes and dealt with the &^$&^# yard. I also managed to wash, polish and wax the Bimmer and - every day but one - got in my early morning, three-mile walk. Best of all, we took several excursions in the Porsche with ideal late-afternoon weather for top-down motoring. Frankly, I'm pooped, but we'll be going out tonight to hear our son-in-law in another jazz concert which will be held outside. I'm ready to catch my breath with a few hours . . . . . inside.

Last edited by Sailor; 05-03-2015 at 02:49 PM.
05-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
However, your admonition to "get outside" brought a big smile, in part because I read your reply this afternoon shortly after completing a 16-mile bike ride (something we do about five times a week), but also because it's a humorous reminder that one can assume way too much from a single piece of data. The truth is this pic was taken shortly after we returned home from working for seven hours at our church's spring fundraiser, which capped off a week in which we heard the ferocious alto player, Paquito D'Rivera, in concert with a local jazz orchestra; accumulated 60 miles on our bikes and dealt with the &^$&^# yard. I also managed to wash, polish and wax the Bimmer and - every day but one - got in my early morning, three-mile walk. Best of all, we took several excursions in the Porsche with ideal late-afternoon weather for top-down motoring. Frankly, I'm pooped, but we'll be going out tonight to hear our son-in-law in another jazz concert which will be held outside. I'm ready to catch my breath with a few hours . . . . . inside.
I will give myself 1000 whacks with a wet noodle. All I accomplished today was getting out of bed.

05-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I will give myself 1000 whacks with a wet noodle. All I accomplished today was getting out of bed.
We just got home from listening to some great big band music, enjoying some good food and - in my case - taking down two (or was it three?) - G&Ts. Connie has to report for potential jury duty in the morning, thus allowing me to sleep in, so tomorrow I may very well need to heed your advice and drag my worthless carcass out of bed and get outside!

Jer