Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Saying goodby to you all
Posted By: ToXiQ, 06-08-2008, 01:11 PM

Hello All,

I am a sort of regular but only in the section "Post your photo".

I have to tell you that I got an offer which I could not refuse. I will stop with shooting with pentax gear.

I want to thank everybody here who liked my postings. If you want to see my photo's visit regular my website. I do not think the quality will be better but the new gear will help to nail the faster birds ;-).

Here you will see my last photo's from the Pentax, I have some little more but will publish them at my website soon.

Thank you all for your support and looking at my photo's.
regards Walter
Views: 3,787
06-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I've enjoyed your work, and sorry to hear you go. Congrats on what I'm sure is a wonderful opportunity. I assume we will be seeing your birds in National Geographic shortly?? haha they belong there!
06-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SHAME
with shots, like these you'll be missed
anyway, this series is really good.
But fare thee well on pastures new...
BR
Peter
06-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like you are being rewarded for all your talent and hard work. I wish you good luck in your future endeavours. So long and thanks for all the birds.

06-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
Igilligan

Walter, I will miss you beautiful birds and your Voightlandar macros. Very happy for you that you have new and faster opportunities. Please post some follows up to your new experiences. If you do not want to post in the forum at least send me a PM to where your next posting forum may be. I would love to see how the new equiptment opens up you shooting.
And if you want to donate some of your Pentax birding gear to a wanna be birder, I am reachable by Private message here anytime...
Or if that Voightlandar does not mount on your new gear... I am here for you 8^)
06-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sad news indeed

Walter, I'm sad that I will be missing all of your wonderful birds. Every time I opened one of your threads I knew I'd be dazzled by absolutely fantastic shots. You have real talent and I wish you the best. Hopefully some day Pentax will get their act together and give us a body with fast predictive AF that is as good as Canon's and Nikon's. Then maybe we will stop losing talent such as yours.

NaCl(enjoy you new equipment as much as I've enjoyed looking at your birds)H2O
06-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Wow, no more kingfishers? I have liked them so much. All the best on the other side of the pasture!

(Keep your Pentax for your limited lenses... or you'll be missing something on the dark side.)

06-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Walter,
Really hate to see you leave this forum and to leave Pentax. Your work is very professional and I have always enjoyed seeing all of your photos of birds and etc. I wish you all the best in your photography no matter what equipment that you choose to shoot.
06-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Walter you will be missed - always liked the looks of your shots. Best of luck in your new endevour and congrats on whatever deal you got. I am sure a skilled photographer as yourself can work with many tools
06-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Oh, no. You are leaving! Your work is always amazing of finest calibre. Your website is always a pleasure to visit. All the best to you
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I am sorry to see you go too, you always post such fabulous shots. Best wishes to you.
06-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Sorry to see you go - you always have wonderful bird shots.

Good luck in the future!
06-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As always Walter these are wonderful images and more reasons why we hate to see you go but as I said on the other forum, all the best and do stop by once in a while.

Take care,
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i have always really enjoyed looking at ur images,-you are certainly one of the standout photographers on this website thats for sure!!
all the best for the future mate.. i hope it brings you much joy and self reward.

regards,
kevin
06-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #15
Veteran Member

And here I was just getting to know your shots Surely you can still take some with the Pentax? It will be sad to see such a talented tog go the way of non Pentax