Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Paintings by Markus Warum
Posted By: wullemaha, 05-14-2015, 09:43 AM

Hey there!
Today I had a really fun session with a local artist, Markus Warum, who asked me whether I can take Macro pictures of his paintings. Out the hundreds of pictures taken, which he will use for future projects, find below some of my favourites.
You can find a few more here:
MARKUS WARUM MAKRO @ FLICKR

All taken with the K3, and either the FA*85 or the FA31 Limited, and often with a cheap Macro Extension Tube... For lights I used a Cactus wireless flash in a softbox.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts
Views: 765
05-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wullemaha Quote
Hey there!
Today I had a really fun session with a local artist, Markus Warum, who asked me whether I can take Macro pictures of his paintings. Out the hundreds of pictures taken, which he will use for future projects, find below some of my favourites.
You can find a few more here:
MARKUS WARUM MAKRO @ FLICKR

All taken with the K3, and either the FA*85 or the FA31 Limited, and often with a cheap Macro Extension Tube... For lights I used a Cactus wireless flash in a softbox.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts
Very interesting...
05-15-2015, 07:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for showing those, I really like the last one, to me it reminds me of grasses underwater and the spatters in the upper right hand corner look like little organisms swimming through it.
05-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Thanks for showing those, I really like the last one, to me it reminds me of grasses underwater and the spatters in the upper right hand corner look like little organisms swimming through it.
Interesting! I kind of saw a stormy sea in the lower left, with aliens descending from the sky. But similar enough
That was the first time I really did Macro stuff, and I have to say it is lots of fun... will have to find other interesting surfaces to play around with

05-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Amazing textures. Good job.