Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Snaps from the Danube Delta
Posted By: Teo D'Or, 06-09-2008, 07:50 AM

I was last weekend on a waaaay too short trip in the Danube Delta.

QuoteOriginally posted by wikipedia:
The Danube Delta falls within east European steppe ecosystem, with Mediterranean influences. As a young region in full process of consolidation, the Danube Delta represents a very favourable place for the development of highly diverse flora and fauna, unique in Europe, with numerous rare species. It hosts 23 natural ecosystems, but due to the extent of wetlands the aquatic environment is prevalent; the terrestrial environment is also present on the higher grounds of the continental levees, where xerophile ecosystems have developed. Between the aquatic and terrestrial environments, is interposed a swampy, easily flooded strip of original flora and fauna, with means of adaptation for water or land, depending on the season or the hydrological regime. At the contact between freshwater and sea water, some special physical, chemical and biological processes take place, which determined biologists to consider this area as a very different ecosystem called beforedelta. Musura Gulf, north of Sulina, and Sfântu Gheorghe Gulf are considered the most representative for this type of ecosystem.

Situated on major migratory routes, and providing adequate conditions for nesting and hatching, the Danube Delta is a magnet for birds from six major eco-regions of the world, including the Mongolian, Arctic and Siberian. There are over 320 species of birds found in the delta during summer,[2] of which 166 are hatching species and 159 are migratory. Over one million individuals (swans, wild ducks, bald coots, etc.) winter here.
More about the Delta here: Danube Delta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could only stay for two days, and i could only shoot for 3 or 4 hours.
Here are the keepers from the whole trip, hope you like them. Hope you like them enough to go there . I can't wait to go back there.

Views: 1,592
06-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For some reason, the coffee cup and the dog pics jumped out at me. Nice shots...
06-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series. The B&W night shot of the walkway and lights is my favorite.
06-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Wow lots of good stuff, very dramatic color on the first few. Love the dog shot as well.