Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
May 17th AKA Norway's constitution day
Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Tromsų, Norway 
Posted By: ZoeB, 05-18-2015, 02:30 AM

We like to celebrate our national holiday in Norway by running around in parades all day, eating ice cream and wearing fancy costumes. For those of us who play in bands, we spend all day spreading cheer and music in said parades. And taking pictures, in my case. Here are some of my best shots!










Views: 776
05-18-2015, 07:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,848
And a great time was had by all. That looks to be so much fun. TFS.
05-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian
RoxnDox's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington, USA, Terra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,618
Looks like fun! I like your self-portrait in the French Horn (?) bell, too Reminds of the (US) football games we went to so we could watch our son in the college marching band...

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 05-29-2015 at 04:54 PM.
05-18-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Looks like fun! I like your self-portrait in the French Horn (?) bell, too Reminds of the (US) football games we went to so we could watch our son in the college marching band...

Jim
It's a euphonium, so close, but no cookie.
Yeah, the parade element can be quite similar-- and we actually recently played at a local american football match :P

05-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #5
Pentaxian
RoxnDox's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington, USA, Terra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,618
QuoteOriginally posted by ZoeB Quote
It's a euphonium, so close, but no cookie.
Yeah, the parade element can be quite similar-- and we actually recently played at a local american football match :P
No cookie, dang Ah well, at least it was close. The only thing musical I can play is the stereo, so I'm happy to get it in the right neighborhood when it comes to instruments...

How'd you end up with an american style game up there in the Northlands? I don't imagine it's a terribly common event over there...

Jim
05-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38,976
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
May 17th AKA Norway's constitution day
Some brilliant photo opportunities, which you have taken full advantage of, well done.
05-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
No cookie, dang Ah well, at least it was close. The only thing musical I can play is the stereo, so I'm happy to get it in the right neighborhood when it comes to instruments...

How'd you end up with an american style game up there in the Northlands? I don't imagine it's a terribly common event over there...

Jim
Not quite sure, to be honest. It was fun being at the game, but we didn't really know when it was acceptable to play and not. And it was awfully long.

---------- Post added 05-18-2015 at 10:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Some brilliant photo opportunities, which you have taken full advantage of, well done.
Why thank you! And these shots are only among my peers-- the 17th of may is full of people in bunad, which are our national costumes, as well as sami costumes, which I really haven't captured at all. There's a rather wonderful photographer with a facebook page called 'meanwhile in tromsų' who got more of that action.
05-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,393
Delightful, good shots of a great time.

05-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,395
Awesome, I find the last my favorite--Sister Golden Hair surprise rocking the aviator shades and cymbals is a trip. (Try a 9:16 crop, perhaps, to accentuate the flow.) Otherwise, the lad in #2 is like being flogged with a cocker spaniel--a great portrait, though whether he's fronting MDMA or the Book of Mormon, I couldn't say.
05-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,088
Very nice street celebration shots!
05-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Otherwise, the lad in #2 is like being flogged with a cocker spaniel--a great portrait, though whether he's fronting MDMA or the Book of Mormon, I couldn't say.
Haha, neither, just being Kevin (who honestly is a bit like a cocker spaniel.)
05-20-2015, 03:29 AM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,395
You're a hammer with the 35mm Plastic Fantastic, of course, but I'm thinking that an FA31 would tip some of these into the sublime. Time to upgrade!
05-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #13
Veteran Member
ZoeB's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 886
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
You're a hammer with the 35mm Plastic Fantastic, of course, but I'm thinking that an FA31 would tip some of these into the sublime. Time to upgrade!
Why thank you! I'd consider it, but the plastic fantastic is only six months old. And of course, one of my other primes maaay be getting upgraded like, tomorrow :P
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
17th aka, aka norway's constitution, camera, costumes, day, flickr, game, parades, photo, zoe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Too Many Fast 50's, Help Me Move Them! Held Over Until May 30th, A's, F's and FA's MightyMike Sold Items 11 05-30-2015 05:13 PM
Castle Anthrax AKA The Castle of Guy de Lombard AKA Camelot AKA Swamp Castle brkl Post Your Photos! 19 07-27-2012 06:30 PM
It's been a hard day's night... (may not be work safe!) hamidlmt Post Your Photos! 5 01-07-2009 09:36 AM
Northampton Ma. USA meet up May 17th vievetrick Travel, Events, and Groups 9 05-18-2008 05:35 PM
Street photos, Norway's national day 17mai devisor Post Your Photos! 7 05-19-2007 04:53 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top