Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Andrea (Pink/Blue)
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Lund, Sweden ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: DonThomaso, 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM

Second session with Andrea, this time with a nice pink feather jacket and we found a blue door that went well with that color. This one is shot with the good old FA43

Pentax K-3, SMC Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited. 1/125 sec at f/2.8, ISO 100

Pentax K-3, SMC Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited. 1/200 sec at f/2.5, ISO 100

Pentax K-3, SMC Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited. 1/200 sec at f/2.2, ISO 100

More images with Andrea can be seen on my flickr
Views: 1,614
05-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice, I like the first shot the most, contrast of color versus white, contrast straight lines versus curves.
05-19-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

U r one heck of a magician with a pentax!
05-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #4

you mean "with a camera"?

05-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Definitely some great shots. With this set the clothing didn't contrast so much, so the focus stayed with the model, not just an article of clothing. Definitely like #2 best, but #1 has something about it that I like but can't really explain. As always, it's always nice to see the "behind the scenes" shot as seen in #3. You really did have some excellent light that day. Keep up the great work. I'll definitely be looking forward to your next session post.
05-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Definitely some great shots. With this set the clothing didn't contrast so much, so the focus stayed with the model, not just an article of clothing. Definitely like #2 best, but #1 has something about it that I like but can't really explain. As always, it's always nice to see the "behind the scenes" shot as seen in #3. You really did have some excellent light that day. Keep up the great work. I'll definitely be looking forward to your next session post.

It's not only natural light. Look closely into her eyes
05-20-2015, 05:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you for your nice words!

I never said anything about lighting, but it was an overcast but bright day, and a white reflector was used on all of the shots (not the bts). I would still call it natural light, since the light source is the sun Modified yes! I would generally recommend a reflector for portraits like these, especially closeups. It will lift the shadows and lower the contrast in the face. The reflector might have been a little to close on the last shot though, it takes a little practice to get it just right.

05-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by DonThomaso Quote
Thank you for your nice words!

I never said anything about lighting, but it was an overcast but bright day, and a white reflector was used on all of the shots (not the bts). I would still call it natural light, since the light source is the sun Modified yes! I would generally recommend a reflector for portraits like these, especially closeups. It will lift the shadows and lower the contrast in the face. The reflector might have been a little to close on the last shot though, it takes a little practice to get it just right.
non natural as in "modified". That's what I meant. The panel is visible in her eyes. A bank would have produced shadows on the door because she's too close to it.

Beautiful shots!
05-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by igabc Quote
non natural as in "modified". That's what I meant. The panel is visible in her eyes. A bank would have produced shadows on the door because she's too close to it.

Beautiful shots!
I think that it is good to remember how surrounding things will affect the image, for example a white wall might have had a similar but less pronounced effect, and during one shoot I had a white shirt that also was clearly visible in the models eyes on closeups, a good tip if you don't have a reflector with you