Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Indian Pink
Lens: A50 2.8 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Tennessee ISO: 80 
Posted By: CreationBear, 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM

Not quite as sharp as I'd like--I'm blaming the mat of poison ivy I had to stand in--but a neat wildflower, nonetheless.

Views: 940
05-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
excellent. Lovely and profound. I think the yellow part of the flower got greenish because of the increase of saturation. If that is what happened, then you should try to exclude the yellow part in photoshop from the saturation adjustment. Again, I love it
05-20-2015, 02:56 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Not quite as sharp as I'd like--I'm blaming the mat of poison ivy I had to stand in--but a neat wildflower, nonetheless.

Nice flower. This must be from the mountains, right?
05-20-2015, 03:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by igabc Quote
exclude the yellow part in photoshop from the saturation adjustment.

Thanks for the hints and comment--I definitely think you're right in that the while the flower does have some green in it, the naked eye really processes "yellow" in the field.

---------- Post added 05-20-15 at 03:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
This must be from the mountains, right?

Ha, this is actually a rough and tumble South Knox bloom--Indian Pink likes neutral to alkaline ("sweet") soils, so all that karst comes in handy. (FWIW, it's actually behind a house we're renovating down in Lake Forest, close to the new Urban Wilderness natural areas...a quick survey turned up yellow trillium and false Solomon's seal as well, though it appears that I will be fighting amur honeysuckle for the rest of my years.)

05-20-2015, 07:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very pleasing bokeh. I don't think I have ever seen one of these.
05-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Beautiful plant. Please tell me you are not sitting there scratching at poison ivy pustules? Makes me quiver just to think about it.
05-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Please tell me you are not sitting there scratching at poison ivy pustules?

Thanks for the comments, guys...it is a pretty rare plant at least in these parts, perhaps more common on the calcareous soils of prairieland. At any rate, I'm afraid poison ivy is an occupational hazard if you're drawn to wild trout streams and out of the way places!