View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 1,693
05-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice.... have you been introduced to Otis and Rupert yet? I looks like one of our red squirrels. I didn't know they lived that far south.
05-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Norm!
Otis and Rupert are your red squirrels? Long walk from Canada to North Carolina! I hope they sneeked into some bus
05-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by igabc Quote
Otis and Rupert are your red squirrels?
Rupert and his friend Otis the squirrel (in charge of the Army of Otis) are located in the wilds of Texas where they wreak havoc on the unsuspecting and eat all the nuts Rupert can provide.
Nice sharp shots by the way.

05-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Rupert and his friend Otis the squirrel (in charge of the Army of Otis) are located in the wilds of Texas where they wreak havoc on the unsuspecting and eat all the nuts Rupert can provide.
Nice sharp shots by the way.
Thanks Susan!

you made me curious so I googled it. Seems like the guys were members here who have been banned for some reason.
05-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
DHA
Forum Member

Actually, Rupert is a pet tree rat owned by old Jimbo, who believes the critter can talk and eat him out of car and home. His paranoia has long been under treatment but alas with little success.
05-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Thanks Susan!

you made me curious so I googled it. Seems like the guys were members here who have been banned for some reason.
Rupert was banned, but he's back. Otis was never banned.

Otis....

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/294815-nature-otis-inspired.html

05-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #8

Original Poster
ahahaha alright getting there!

So you are Otis and William is Rupert.

This threat turned into a detectves TV series
05-21-2015, 07:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

A little clarity here on Otis Squirrel.

Otis is the son of Festus Squirrel and the successor to the world's largest Army of Squirrels.....commonly known a the Army of Otis nowadays.
Festus was a popular figure and frequent visitor over at the pitiful site known as DPR. If you do a search there you will find over 50 pages of referenced posts regarding Festus Squirrel...thousands of posts...he was quite popular there and had a ton of friends. One of the "higher ups" at DPR became enraged when it was revealed that Festus had balls...bigger that all the balls on the DPR Staff combined, and they banned Festus and his friend Rupert for life.
You can see how Festus made them feel less than manly, which is fitting for them at DPR...they are less than manly!

At about that same time a young man with real balls, not intimidated by a damn squirrel..... had started a new camera forum...called Pentax Forums. Since Rupert was looking for a new home for Festus and his Army of Squirrels, he asked the new owner if his squirrels would be welcome there, and he received a response that his squirrels would be welcome at Pentax Forums. Been here ever since 2006!

Otis loves this place, and is likely to pop up most anywhere on the site. He is sometimes an irritant, but he does mean well and he loves his many friends here and will defend PForums to the death of his last Army Squirrel if necessary. Of course, if he is the last squirrel standing, he might try to negotiate a settlement before sacrificing his own life...that's sort of how Otis operates.....what's good for Otis is good...what isn't..isn't!

Old Rupert......well, what can be said about old Rupert? Plenty, but to sum it up in a few words, he is kind of squirrely.
He has been banned here at PForums a few times for conduct unbecoming to a Member, harassment of a few fellow Members (that deserved it!) and other infractions best not mentioned here.

Otis...never been banned here, he loves Adam like a brother...and though the feeling is probably not mutual, Adam is a man of his word and has never banned Otis or his Army buddies. Haters sometimes go after Otis, but he fears not, he has more friends than you can count .....and that Giant Army!

That is pretty much the real story....more or less. If you have squirrel shots, post them! Otis loves nothing better!....well, he does enjoy those NSFW posts, but that's a whole 'nother story!

Otis wants to wish you a Warm Welcome to PForums, the best site on the internet, where there are lots of friendly people to help if needed, interact with, and just have some fun! Yep, there are a few loose squirrels running about too....but they live here, it is their home. We may log in and out, but squirrels are here 24/7!

Kick back and relax and enjoy, you have friends here!

Best Regards!
Otis Squirrel & Rupert

---------- Post added 05-21-15 at 09:10 AM ----------

ahahaha alright getting there!

So you are Otis and William is Rupert.

This threat turned into a detectves TV series
See new reply!
05-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #10

Original Poster
Lovely! The saga is now clear. I have also been banned from several forums in the past, because moderators confuse moderating with "babysitting". So I can imagine what happened in the past. To tell you the truth, I've registered ad started posting, few moths ago, but then some moderator (can't remember the name) came out kinda harsh about one of my posts because it was not posted in the right section. I unplugged for a while.

Back to squirrels... I love to shoot (pics) them but can't find many here in NC. Many more in Maryland. Or maybe I am in the wrong area. Sure when I spot a good one I go for it, as you may have noticed.

I saw your old portfolio on Flikr with all those squirrels. Stunning pics, really.

Alright, thank you for the welcoming words and, hey, f...k the manginas! LOL

Hugs