Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hard Work....Low Pay
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Woods of Otis -Texas ISO: 2000 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Rupert, 05-25-2015, 07:51 PM

I was sitting at my desk when I saw Woody land so I grabbed the Bigma...Woodies don't linger in one spot too long, so you have to be quick.

Woody just lingered and I got a few shots....

Looked like there was something interesting in that stump...Woody worked and worked, pecking away with great effort!

The reward? A tiny grub and Woody flew off..not much for all the effort.

I've felt like Woody more than a few times...bet you have too?

Regards!

Almost forgot...Otis demanded equal time for a Newbie squirrel! Kind of shy, but a cute little fellow...around here he will never know what it's like to work for a meal!

Views: 987
05-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nicely captured woody Rupert. The squirrel speaks for itself.
05-27-2015, 08:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you Susan! I guess no one else appreciated how hard old Woody works for a tiny meal?

Yes, squirrels speak for themselves, they are always chattering away about something...it's never ending, I see them all over the Forum. If it is not Otis and his Army Squirrels, it is some of his friends from around the world.....squirrels seem to love this place!

Best Regards!
05-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

just saw this one Rupert, those birds sure have to work for such a small morsel, I think Otis is the smart bird around your area.

05-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
just saw this one Rupert, those birds sure have to work for such a small morsel, I think Otis is the smart bird around your area.
So right Bob.....Squirrels here are fed 24/7 with the finest of feed,never having to work a lick in their lives for a good meal.

I heard this little Newbie Squirrel telling one of his buddies when answering to "Where were you born?"

"Right here in Squirrel Heaven!"

Regards!
05-28-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are really nice, Rupert. Sharp and well composed, they certainly demonstrate the woodpecker's lot in life.

For years, we've enjoyed the staccato tapping of a woodpecker that labors near the top of an elm tree in our front yard - kind of a sound track when we are doing something outside.

Jer