Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
My First Attempt at...........
Posted By: Bob Harris, 05-27-2015, 09:10 PM

......at Portrait photography. I've taken a lot of landscape, nature and macro photos over the years but haven't tried portraits. We're camped on the open prairie near Pueblo West and not much opportunity to try my skills out here. My wife just smiles at me and walks away, hard to take a decent photo like that, so I finally found a victim while walking down to the arena. I tried many different f/stops, ISO and SS and this is the best I could get. Hope you enjoy my efforts, I'll keep practicing as I have the opportunity and get back with you

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 2,047
05-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Now there's an original POV, well done with this one.

05-29-2015, 03:04 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bob...was this just before it ate your camera? Try explaining that to the insurance company.
05-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
Fun shot. Good job! :-)

thanks so much, glad you got the humor here at the horses expense, but he won't mind putting a smile on someone's face.

---------- Post added 05-29-15 at 07:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I love it ! Must be a large studio with a big shovel ;-)
yep, that's for sure, just like the snow shovels you're familiar with.

---------- Post added 05-29-15 at 07:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
new title ? don't look a gift horse.... or so they say..... thoroughly enjoy this capture bob, the perspective is unique,
which makes it appealing to me... different is better! dave m
Dave, that gift horse would of been a great title, it's funny but the horse was just watching me and not really moving much at all while I took the series of shots, almost like Mr. Ed way back in the day if you remember that.