Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Cat Walking a Man
Posted By: Bob Harris, 06-02-2015, 11:51 AM

about 3 times a day this gentleman attempts to walk his cat around our RV park and it turns into quite a sight as the cat almost pulls him around the park. This cat wants no part of this but the man seems very patient as he tries to break the cat on the leash. So far after more than a week, the cat isn't giving up.

Attached Images

Views: 975
06-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
he tries to break the cat on the leash.
You ought to go out there, gently tap him on the shoulder, and remind him it's a cat not a dog.
06-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
This cat wants no part of this
Good job it's not a Tiger then.
06-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
You ought to go out there, gently tap him on the shoulder, and remind him it's a cat not a dog.
Would you rather the cat never got outside? FYI, some cats LIKE getting out even it has to be on a leash. There are rules about where cats can roam, particularly when it comes to mobile home parks. I have one actually. I used to take my cats to the park when I lived in CA. Not here, too many big birds, coyote and fleas outside for my cats to roam here, plus my park has a strict no roam policy. They can't not even on a leash. I can evicted for ignoring it. My last boy he loved to go out on his fishing reel harness and leash. It took him a bit to get used to it but once he did he loved it. He used to bring me the leash and ask to be taken out actually. We used to take long walks visit parks and the beach he and I. People did look at us strangely but whatever. He was happy and that was all I cared about.

06-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's cute! This cat definitely looks like it could use a few more walks--glad to see it will get them!
06-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #6

Ha! That's hilarious. Looks a bit over-saturated/over-contrasty to me.What do you think?
06-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flame Quote
Ha! That's hilarious. Looks a bit over-saturated/over-contrasty to me.What do you think?
shot in "vibrant mode" adds a bit of saturation to it as you said, but the main thing was the subject matter which was interesting to view each day. Welcome to PF, looking forward to your threads.

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 07:53 PM ----------

It was too much fun watching him and I have the feeling the cat is going to win this battle. We left the park so all the fun is gone and no final results can be given.

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 07:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Good job it's not a Tiger then.
I think he was lucky it wasn't a tiger, but the cat sure had the heart of one.

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 07:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
It's cute! This cat definitely looks like it could use a few more walks--glad to see it will get them!
funny you said that, my wife said the same thing about both of them, each was getting needed exercise, sort of working as a team in different speeds and attitude.
06-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Many cats take to a leash quite well, particularly ones who have bonded with their humans. The problem with this fellow is it looks like he simply attached a cord to the cat's collar; he should be using a proper harness.

06-03-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Many cats take to a leash quite well, particularly ones who have bonded with their humans. The problem with this fellow is it looks like he simply attached a cord to the cat's collar; he should be using a proper harness.
We've seen cats being walked as you say and seem quite content but this guy just didn't want to be on the leash, I think he would of just liked to run and have fun.
06-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm betting that is . . . . . Schrödinger's cat.

Jer
06-04-2015, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm betting that is . . . . . Schrödinger's cat.

Jer
you May or May Not be right?

06-05-2015, 07:02 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
you May or May Not be right?
I absolutely love this video, brother Bob. Thanks much for attaching it - I'd never seen it before.

As an undergrad, I had to wrestle with Schrödinger's damned equation, eigenvalues, Hamiltonians and the other gruesome mathematical operations necessary to penetrate (superficially, in my case) quantum theory with its probabilistic, mind-bending, and eye-crossing description of reality. Fortunately for me, a deep understanding of quantum mechanics is not necessary for main-stream organic chemistry and material science. I did, however, keep a small plaque in my office proclaiming: "Heisenberg May Have Slept Here."

I generally read 3 or 4 books a year dealing with - in ways suitable for the layman - relativity, wave mechanics, string theory and cosmology. Currently, I'm reading "Einstein's Dice and Schrödinger's Cat." Thus, Schrödinger was at the forefront of my mind when I saw your delightful pic.

Jer
06-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I absolutely love this video, brother Bob. Thanks much for attaching it - I'd never seen it before.

As an undergrad, I had to wrestle with Schrödinger's damned equation, eigenvalues, Hamiltonians and the other gruesome mathematical operations necessary to penetrate (superficially, in my case) quantum theory with its probabilistic, mind-bending, and eye-crossing description of reality. Fortunately for me, a deep understanding of quantum mechanics is not necessary for main-stream organic chemistry and material science. I did, however, keep a small plaque in my office proclaiming: "Heisenberg May Have Slept Here."

I generally read 3 or 4 books a year dealing with - in ways suitable for the layman - relativity, wave mechanics, string theory and cosmology. Currently, I'm reading "Einstein's Dice and Schrödinger's Cat." Thus, Schrödinger was at the forefront of my mind when I saw your delightful pic.

Jer
well it seems I accomplished more than I thought with this simple photo, brought back many memories for you and you also got to see a new video. thanks bud for the detailed story, enjoyed it, it appears you may have retired but your mind hasn't.