Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Void of Color 3 imgs
Posted By: LaRee, 06-10-2008, 10:57 PM

When going through my last couple outings since June 4th, looking for shots to play with converting to black and white, I did these and thought I'd share 'em.
It's playoff time and the younger siblings of the ball players get long days at the ball field...like it or not. I know I've been there-done-that. With three boys and having them 15, 10 and 5 years apart, I know the trials.

I loved this wee little boy with the huge glove on, looking through the chain-link fence to the dugout bench where his big brother and teammates were.

And I'm gonna post this next one here in case you didn't see it in the current b&w challenge. I really like the way this came out. Thank you Diane (TechieChick) for the information on the plug in. It is a fun tool.

Views: 2,007
06-11-2008, 01:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The first shot looks so cosy and relaxing. Good capture.

The soft effect of the flower is so nice in the last shot.
06-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The first two are my pick and the flower takes you back to a soft period in photography

cheers
06-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like number two. Although my babies are now 8 (the last two of 5 boys), this brings back memories of dragging them to the ball games for their older brothers. It's hard keeping them occupied, and not let them get run over, AND watch the game at the same time.

Nice conversions all.

06-11-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

They're all lovely shots. I have a soft spot for black and white, though my style is generally darker.

What plug-in are we talking about here?
06-11-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The first shot looks so cosy and relaxing. Good capture.
The soft effect of the flower is so nice in the last shot.
Shows how a picture can lie there James. This poor little boy had just thrown up in the bushes! But I guess he is cozy and relaxed in this image. Thank you I do love the way the flower one came out.

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
The first two are my pick and the flower takes you back to a soft period in photography
cheers
Thank you. That little boy with the huge glove just cracked me up!

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I like number two. Although my babies are now 8 (the last two of 5 boys), this brings back memories of dragging them to the ball games for their older brothers. It's hard keeping them occupied, and not let them get run over, AND watch the game at the same time.
Nice conversions all.
You know exactly what I was talking about then! Balancing a wee ones needs and trying also watch the game is a challenge. We have one woman that has a 2 year old boy AND takes photos of the game with her cannon!

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
They're all lovely shots. I have a soft spot for black and white, though my style is generally darker.
What plug-in are we talking about here?
Thank you. The plug in is called Fractalius. I am enjoying it.