Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Rally Sweden 2015
Lens: Sigma APO 100-300mm F4 EX DG Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Around Sweden 
Posted By: red5isalive, 06-05-2015, 05:51 AM

Dear friends,

I think I missed to post some of those photos over here.
Last February I went to Sweden to enjoy Rally Sweden for the 3rd consecutive year, and I am very pleased with some of the photos I was able to do.

The lenses I have used are the Sigma 100-300mm APO F4, Pentax smc 16-45 F4 and the Pentax F 50mm f1.7, depending on the spot and the day.

I hope you like them as well,

This one is one of the ones I like the most

Views: 1,043
06-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shooting of the rally cars! That'd be fun to watch and shoot if one were dressed warm enough!
06-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love the first photo!
06-06-2015, 04:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Number 2 is hilarious. A fresh take on rally!

Regards,
--Anders.

06-08-2015, 04:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Nice shooting of the rally cars! That'd be fun to watch and shoot if one were dressed warm enough!
Thank you Steve

It indeed is, but you are right. You've to be warm enough. In that occasion we where using some snow boots, huge warm socks, some snow pants plus a snow dress, and many other stuff. Not to mention globes and hats! And those guys I go with they bring stuff to create a fire and so on.

I think you are the guys always liking my cars photos

---------- Post added 06-08-15 at 04:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Love the first photo!
Thanks pbancr, I do too !!
I did that one with the smc F 50mm f1.7, as we where too close to action to use the Sigma 100-300mm and it was too crowded. I'd say one of the spots more crowded we found during the rally.

---------- Post added 06-08-15 at 04:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
Number 2 is hilarious. A fresh take on rally!

Regards,
--Anders.
Hahahaha indeed Anders!
We where having so much snow "rains" each time a car was passing by that I thought i'd take a picture of that moment. This one was the one that looks better hehe.

What else do you wish in a snow place, in winter time, in such a cold weather other than a snow shower! xDD
06-12-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Love it, these are fantastic! I agree with Anders, love the second shot.
06-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rallying is great fun to participate in, and to watch. A friend and I used to do a lot of both in the 1970s, when you could drive and win in just about anything, but the game is very different now, with these dedicated little monsters. The car I drive now is nominally the same model as in your last two photos (the CitroŽn DS3), but that one has three or four times the horsepower and a sophisticated 4WD!

All that aside, your photos are very good, and well worth the trouble of waiting in all that snow and cold. Thanks for sharing!
06-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really great shots, I like them all.

06-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done looks like a blast !
06-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Love it, these are fantastic! I agree with Anders, love the second shot.
Thank you bobbotron!

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Rallying is great fun to participate in, and to watch. A friend and I used to do a lot of both in the 1970s, when you could drive and win in just about anything, but the game is very different now, with these dedicated little monsters. The car I drive now is nominally the same model as in your last two photos (the CitroŽn DS3), but that one has three or four times the horsepower and a sophisticated 4WD!

All that aside, your photos are very good, and well worth the trouble of waiting in all that snow and cold. Thanks for sharing!
You are right Rob, and it's nice to hear how was it in the past, so you can get a taste of it. I know there are different class cars from the same model like the FIesta R3 or the 4WD the R5, nowadays money is lots more important than in the past so if you don't have the right car, you have no chance to win overall.

By the way, where do you rally and with what? Any DS3 R3, or Fiesta R3 maybe?

Thank you !!
Indeed, it was worthy! Your welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Really great shots, I like them all.
Thank you Ex Finn

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done looks like a blast !
Thanks daacon! It was so much fun
06-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
By the way, where do you rally and with what? Any DS3 R3, or Fiesta R3 maybe?
Unfortunately, Neither CitroŽn nor Ford import the really high-performance models to Australia, although they are talking about selling a performance pack for the DS3, soon.

There are still rallies conducted around Australia, mostly club events, except for the WRC round. Here in Tasmania, they tend to be run in the forestry roads, but the Targa Tasmania is a tarmac event, and probably the best-known, as it combines modern and classic vehicles. I haven't participated since the 1970s, but maybe I'll take some photos at the next Targa.
06-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Unfortunately, Neither CitroŽn nor Ford import the really high-performance models to Australia, although they are talking about selling a performance pack for the DS3, soon.

There are still rallies conducted around Australia, mostly club events, except for the WRC round. Here in Tasmania, they tend to be run in the forestry roads, but the Targa Tasmania is a tarmac event, and probably the best-known, as it combines modern and classic vehicles. I haven't participated since the 1970s, but maybe I'll take some photos at the next Targa.
I see Rob!
Australia, wow! That's what I call far away from home!

That sounds like great fun events even to watch, I guess roads and landscapes are awesome!

Great that sounds cool! Do it, please