Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Official 2015 WSSA Squirrel Frenzy! Post Here!
Posted By: Rupert, 06-07-2015, 09:51 PM

Welcome to the 2015 Official Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association Pentax Forums Squirrel Frenzy!

It is simple and fun, so join in and add your squirrel shots. If you are not a member you are welcome to join by posting a qualifying squirrel photo. If you are a member...be sure to sign you photo post with your Membership number!

Official Rules: (Simple!)
*Must be a living squirrel.
*Must be in reasonable focus,enough to tell it is a squirrel.
*Must be reasonably exposed, enough to make it out as a squirrel.

Exceptions:
*Our Aussie members without squirrels can post similar small furry animals if desired.
*Members with no squirrels in their area may post Chipmunks.

New applicants for Membership will be assigned a Member Number in a post following their entry...so keep your eyes open! State that you are applying for membership!

There are going to be prizes! If you are a Member already, you must sign your post with your Member Number to be eligible. A post will follow this with the Member Numbers from our last Big Frenzy if you have forgotten your number.
New applicants are also eligible for prizes once assigned a Member Number. (Prizes listed in a reply post later )

That's It! Plain and simple.....the main goal is to have fun, so feel free to comment on any post and post as many squirrel shots as you desire. This is about fun...and of course...Handsome Squirrels!

Get some popcorn, pull up a chair and put on your glasses...the 2015 Squirrel Frenzy is in progress!

This little guy has climbed up high to get a good view of all the shots...let's don't let him down!

Best Regards!
Rupert #125PX (Sponsored by Otis Squirrel and his Army of Squirrels)

"I'm lookin' for handsome squirrels!"

---------- Post added 06-08-15 at 12:07 AM ----------

Additional Information:

Frenzy runs until midnight Wed June 10th

Here are shots from our last Frenzy here....
https://www.flickr.com/groups/wssa/

Here are the Members from our last Big Frenzy. Hope to see you all back again!

Best Regards
Rupert #125 PX Pentax WSSA Ambassador ( Just a fancy title for "Old Squirrel Shooter!)

Last edited by Rupert; 06-07-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Views: 2,440
06-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So no one wants to go out on a limb and post the first handsome squirrel shot? Otis says don't be a frady cat...step out and post your shots!

"It's not scary out here....trust me!" You know you can trust Otis!

Regards! .......Any squirrel...alive...and any camera or lens...get to posting!
06-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Forum Member

Here's 1
Attached Images

06-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm ashamed of myself for not going squirrel hunting, er.. shooting... (whatever) before now. How about a really old picture?

Attached Images

Last edited by TinaS; 06-09-2015 at 09:37 AM.
06-09-2015, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #5

I am adding the eurasian counterpart to the mix and would like to join the glorious association.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
06-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bestwun Quote
Here's 1
Yep! It sure is and as the first poster, you have won a prize! Stay tuned...prizes will be announced tomorrow evening at the close of the Frenzy!

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
I'm ashamed of myself for not going squirrel hunting, er.. shooting... (whatever) before now. How about a really old picture?
Tina...Old squirrel, new squirrel...they're all good!

QuoteOriginally posted by delegopa Quote
I am adding the eurasian counterpart to the mix and would like to join the glorious association.
What neat looking little guys those are! Nice shooting too! Congratulations! You are new WSSA Member #524PX!

I was hoping that more people would post their shots, in particular the WSSA Members..but I certainly appreciate you guys coming along.....the fewer that show up the better your chances for a prize...works in your favor!

Here is one from today I shot as I was working in my shop. It was 95F and this little guy stayed in there almost an hour getting every last sunflower seed. Not much can stop a hungry squirrel!

Notice the soles of his tiny little feet.....kind of neat!

BTW- You are not limited to posting only one squirrel shot...post more if you desire!
Best Regards !
Rupert #125PX
06-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
Forum Member

Please add me to your association.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
06-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #8

_IGP9649WSSA Squirrel
by Norm, on Flickr

Not much activity among the Northern Scurry today - the squirrels don't like to pose for pictures in the rain.

Norm123
WSSA #184

Last edited by Norm123; 06-10-2015 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typo
06-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bestwun Quote
Please add me to your association.
Congratulations Bestwun! You are new WSSA Member #525PX (The PX is for Pentax!) You are now eligible for a prize too! Oh looky there....you have won a prize already...tune it tonight at closing to see what it is! Love that up close squirrel.....he looks ready to rumble!

Norm...So good to see you here. Nice shooting to get a shot of a Peanut Hog...but this is a squirrel Frenzy!
We aren't doing anything like last year, but I appreciate everyone that is participating and hope more will join in on this the last day.
I had hoped that Otis and his Army of squirrels would show up, but summer is here and it has been approaching the 100F mark the last few days.....which means all the squirrels are drinking truckloads of cold beer and most are too drunk to do much more than pop another top!

Best Regards!
Rupert #125PX

I know there are others out there with some nice squirrel shots...old or new...any camera....Post Them Here! This is the last day of the Frenzy! Post all you want, there is plenty of room! Squirrels love to view them on Otis' Big Screen out in the Woods of Otis....some are even sober enough to see them!
06-10-2015, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

#474PX
06-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
#474PX
Franc...did something scare him or was it just a bad hair day?

Looky here! Otis just reminded me that you are the the 1st poster to sign with your WSSA official Member number (Me and Norm don't count, we are both sponsors of WSSA) So.....you win a prize too! Tune in at the close tonight to collect your prize!

I'm gonna be gone today on Official Business to make an "emergency repair" at my Mom's home in the city...her icemaker water line is leaking. In the Texas heat, that is an emergency!

You guys have fun, post all the squirrels you want and I will see you later this afternoon or evening.

Best Regards!
Rupert # 125 PX

Newcomers are welcome, old Members, anyone with a squirrel shot! Any shot of a live squirrel...old or new..any camera...although Otis prefers Pentax!

Otis really "gets into" Pentax cameras!
06-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bokeh-Squirrel:
#472PX
06-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #13

Here are a couple from this past but not forgotten winter.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
06-10-2015, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #14

Hope this works. Albino squirrel. One of the first shots with my k50.

---------- Post added 06-11-15 at 03:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pt1911 Quote
Hope this works. Albino squirrel. One of the first shots with my k50.
Add me please.
06-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sunrepairer Quote
Here are a couple from this past but not forgotten winter.
Wow! A "holy" squirrel.....now that is a great capture indeed!

QuoteOriginally posted by pt1911 Quote
Add me please.
pt1911...Your request for Membership is approved! Congratulations! You are New WSSA Member # 526PX and eligible for a prize now too! That is an unusual sight...an albino squirrel...nice capture.

Stay tuned...midnight is drawing near!

Here are a couple from Veijo, over on Flickr WSSA Pentaxians I am posting here for him.....he is a WSSA Member but couldn't find his number.......

Nice shots by Veijo...even though he shot them with a Canon....must have just gotten lucky?

What a cute little guy!

Time is running out...if anyone has a squirrel shot....last call is upon us!

Regards!
Rupert #125PX

---------- Post added 06-11-15 at 12:15 AM ----------

The Big Frenzy is over! Here are the prize winners!

* bestwun

* delegopa

* Franc

* paulh

* pt1911

Maybe you can figure it out....everyone that entered AND followed the simple rules is a winner! Wish we had more entries, but I appreciate all that posted and requested membership or otherwise followed the simple WSSA instructions for prize winning. Wasn't as big as last year, but it was still fun and will still benefit Pentax Forums.

Read Carefully: I'm not in the shipping and delivery business and don't have time to drag this out for days or weeks.....to claim your prize you MUST PM me via the Private Mail here on PForums no later than Midnight Thursday 6/11/15 and provide your choice of any one of the three options for your prize. Also the shipping name, mailing address and any other relevant information I need to fulfill your shipment!

Choose one among these three prize choices:

#1 A Years Membership in Pentax Forums (Might be nice for New Members.....Has some nice benefits!)

#2 The Pentax Forums T-shirt of your choice. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/295414-official-pen...w-designs.html

#3 The Truman Razor Set from Harry's...The finest blades on earth! https://www.harrys.com/products

It was fun, thanks for participating! Maybe next year we can do it again!

Best Regards!
Rupert
#125PX