Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bird on tree - India Ink Style
Lens: voigtlander 180 APO-Lanthar Camera: K-3 
Posted By: Zav, 06-10-2015, 10:15 AM

I tried to give an indian ink feeling by playing with the contrast and the graphic aspect of the tree. What do you think?
Note that it's better seen large.
Views: 973
06-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
an indian ink feeling

Love the processing, though you might experiment with different aspect ratios--the focal point of the image makes me a little cross-eyed with this crop (and no doubt that legendary glass gives you some leeway, IQ-wise!
)
06-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #3
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Love the processing, though you might experiment with different aspect ratios--the focal point of the image makes me a little cross-eyed with this crop (and no doubt that legendary glass gives you some leeway, IQ-wise!
)
Thanks for your feedback! It is an interesting point of view. I was not really intending the bird to be the main focal point of the image but rather intended the bird to merge into the flow of the branches... which is right to left. I had a moment of hesitation to mirror the image to have flow left to right which is the common one in the western world.
I would be quite curious to know if it works better for you.

06-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
I would be quite curious to know if it works better for you.

That's a great insight, I think--my "Western" eyes are happier with an anchor-point on the left-hand side of the frame rather than "negative space." I definitely hope that you'll get more feedback from PF members to see if this is a common "cross-cultural" phenomena!

06-13-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
That's a great insight, I think--my "Western" eyes are happier with an anchor-point on the left-hand side of the frame rather than "negative space." I definitely hope that you'll get more feedback from PF members to see if this is a common "cross-cultural" phenomena!
Don't be mistaken, I am French, so I got the western vision I just spent some time in the Far East and I am now living in the Middle East, so I got a bit of exposure to this kind of cultural differences!
06-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
I am French

Ha, the more I look at it, I think it's the accent grave of the largest tree limb in the bottom-center that kind of tilts the image for me (or, as is more likely, I'm just prone to suggestion.)
At any rate, I like the image a lot--how you kept some structure in the sky is very impressive, PP-wise, too. I'll look forward to shots from your travels.