Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
South Florida Sunset
Posted By: paulsoucy, 06-11-2008, 04:10 PM

Just yesterday I was at Barnes and Nobles looking at some photography books.. There was a really strong storm north of me and it had rained outside...

After a few hours, I kind of made my way to the front of the store and the light looked really warm so I peaked out to the left to see what was going on..

and my jaw hit the floor, there was the most spectacular bounce of light cascading off the storm clouds and the colors produced were absolutely beautiful...

So "photographer" that I am, I dropped the books in hand and immediately sprinted out to my car and sped around the parking lot...

I was hoping to drive to my aunts house ( who has a lake and catch the whole scene in a frame ), but it was only about 20 minutes before the light would be completely gone at least from this vantage point and if I was going to capture it I had to do it now...

So I'm zooming around the Barnes and Noble parking lot going like 50 mph trying to get on the main road to get my aunts house and I stopped and just got out... found a tree, framed it and shot this frame....

I almost stood on my car...

LOL!!

I just thought the colors were sooooooo gorgeous... sunset light and rain overcast make for some really spectacular stuff here in South Florida...

Here is the shot...

Views: 1,365
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Stunning sunset. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. I'm sure it would have been spectacular from your aunts house with the lake and all, but then again you may have missed it all together.
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sublime, Paul.
06-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
I would have had it made if I was on the top of a building!!

: )

06-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #5

Original Poster
Techie-

Took a look at your Pentax Gallery stuff!! Stunning!!

I'm hoping a couple of my submissions make it but man I don't know...

the level of the shots on that site is really beautiful!!

But absolutely great stuff from you on there...

I love the on of the monkey!!

Paul
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #6

instead of standing on your car, you could've climb that tree jk...Great shot by the way