Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Trip to Milan
Lens: See description Camera: K-5 II Photo Location: Milan and Como, Italy 
Posted By: wkraus, 06-13-2015, 12:25 PM

During a recent short trip to Milan and Lake Como, I decided to travel (relatively) light with my K-5 II and a set of Takumars (28mm, 50mm and 135mm) complemented by the DA 21mm and 70mm Limited lenses. While I did not spend a lot of thought on my shooting, during post-processing I pushed the retro theme further and found that several images are working well as B&W conversions in square format.

Super Takumar 3.5/28mm (58mm filter)

Super Takumar 1.4/50mm (8 element)

DA 21mm Limited

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 3.5/135mm

DA 21mm Limited

Views: 637
06-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Liking the coffee cup shot a lot, looks like a modern advertising shot with a retro feel, very commercial, well done.
06-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #3

Nice series! They seem a bit inspired by Atget especially the motorcycle one that I like very much
Many compliments ;-)
06-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Liking the coffee cup shot a lot, looks like a modern advertising shot with a retro feel, very commercial, well done.
QuoteOriginally posted by domusofsail Quote
Nice series! They seem a bit inspired by Atget especially the motorcycle one that I like very much
Many compliments ;-)
Thanks very much, I appreciate you kind comments. I find that the square format is quite demanding in terms of composition. The coffee cup shot is a bit too narrow on the left edge for my taste, but the 8 element Takumar 50mm really shines here.
I posted more shots from Milan (still square, but in colour) here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/297644-travel-more-milan.html

06-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
The coffee cup shot is a bit too narrow on the left edge for my taste
No it's about right, compositionally the left hand vertical third goes right through the centre of the coffee cup more or less.