Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lovely old barn...
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 Limited Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Blanchland, County Durham, England ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: BigMackCam, 06-17-2015, 04:26 AM

I'm lucky to live close to some beautiful rural areas here in the North East of England. Yesterday, I took a drive through some of my favourite parts of County Durham and Northumberland. Although the sky was dull and quite featureless, I was still able to take a few photos, including this one of a lovely old barn. If it's still in use, it could do with some repair work - but it's very photogenic

Taken with the DA21 which I find myself using more and more...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-17-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Views: 563
06-17-2015, 04:01 PM   #2

Barns

This is a great barn. The sky is incredible. It literally makes the mood for the pic. I am a barn fancier and lived in Kentucky until just a few months ago. Many old barns and tobacco barns in Kentucky. I unfortunately relocated to Houston, TX. Not a lot of barns here, but on out in the country there are still a few old barns in Texas. More west or south Texas, but I just love them.

Ray
06-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Ray The sky in this pic needed a little tweaking (to bring down highlights and shadows a bit), but came out better than I expected when taking the shot. I'd love to photograph barns in the US - they seem to have so much character... That said, we have some nice barns and other farm buildings here in the North East of England - just not as many