Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Portmeirion, Llyn Peninsula, North Wales
Posted By: simonkit, 06-12-2008, 04:26 PM

A shot taken last weekend whilst on the Llyn Peninsula, North Wales...

All C&C appreciated

simon
Views: 1,365
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #2

very nice, looks just like my house...NOT!!!
06-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Where is Number Six's room?
06-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments/feedback...

The shot is probably a bit busy, it was probably more one of those "memory capture" shots & consequently I tried to squeeze too much in.. here's another similar shot (with more people)

simon

06-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are those palm-type trees? In Wales? This looks almost Mediterranean. And check out that blue sky. I always think of your island as being grey and drizzly most of the time.

Your part of the world is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
06-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Are those palm-type trees? In Wales? I always think of your island as being grey and drizzly most of the time.
I must admit I laughed a little at your comment here , hopefully that was your intention

The great thing about the UKs varied weather is that for such a relatively small place it provides us with some of the most stunning scenery in the world - unfortunately we don't always appreciate this ourselves !!

Thanks for the comments

simon
06-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very punchy colours.

06-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I really like the colors, looks like a beautiful place to visit.
06-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by simonkit Quote
I must admit I laughed a little at your comment here , hopefully that was your intention

The great thing about the UKs varied weather is that for such a relatively small place it provides us with some of the most stunning scenery in the world - unfortunately we don't always appreciate this ourselves !!

Thanks for the comments

simon
Um yeah kinda but honest as well. But I'm fine with you laughing. I've lived in California, Florida, and Hawaii, as well as several other places in the US. There were palm trees in those three places, understandably.

I've been to London once and only for a week and it was March and we saw the sun in only 30 second periods on about 4 occassions. Great Britain has a reputation you know, kind of like Seattle (USA) where I'm from originally.

I appreciate your stunning scenery. I would rather appreciate it first-hand but please keep posting lots and lots of your scenery. Wales is already on my top-three places I NEED to visit (closely running with Ireland and Scotland). I alway look forward to your posts.
06-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote

I've been to London once and only for a week and it was March and we saw the sun in only 30 second periods on about 4 occassions. Great Britain has a reputation you know, kind of like Seattle (USA) where I'm from originally.

I know what you mean, the reputation probably isn't helped by us Brits endlessly talking about the weather, we can be a bit obsessive with it

If you do get the chance to visit though, I'm certainly not brave enough to promise you great weather, what I can promise is some fantastic scenery - Western Scotland is something special, the Lake District in Cumbria is one of my favourite places too, as is Wales of course !!

If coastal scenery is your thing then we also have an advantage there too, we're surrounded by it

simon