Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10 hours on a kayak and this is all I've got to show for it...
Lens: SMC Pentax FA 28-105mm f/4-5.6 (IF) Camera: Pentax K-50 Photo Location: Prince Gallitzin State Park, Fallentimber, PA 16639 ISO: 640 
Posted By: Auzzie-Phoenix, 06-23-2015, 09:59 PM

So I finally went through all the images from yesterday's 10 hour kayak outing. Obviously I cherrypicked, and I wasn't going to upload the image of the geese mooning me. I did some light PP on 2 of the images, otherwise all are just resampled or crops of the sooc jpeg output files shot in natural color mode. Lens for all images was the SMC Pentax FA 28-105mm f/4-5.6 (IF). The ISO setting for this trip was 640 except for the dusk/night shots. I shot in RAW+ for the day, meaning that I have dng's of all images but I'm being lazy about editing them, especially since I'm still not that familiar with silkypix yet.

Did a few passes of noise reduction in corel photo-paint and a pass of sharpen.

Did lots of passes of noise reduction and 2 passes of sharpen in CPP. High ISO shot taken handheld, long exposure on a moving kayak.

I do so love paddling around the lake at night. Probably safer than doing so during the day due to lack of boats. The safety lights req'd by law for night use really bring in the bugs though.
Views: 1,095
06-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a long day for you but great results with the photos you presented. TFS.
06-24-2015, 06:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The heron in the tree is a great capture.
06-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup, the first GBH shot for me, too. Its cool!

06-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
The heron in the tree is a great capture.
Oddly I've not seen many heron this year... needless to say I used to roll up on them frequently in the past, but now... I'm lucky to see one in a day. The bald eagles must have migrated elsewhere this year as well, as I've only spotted the original couple and one immature juvenile, where there should be at least 3 mated pairs and a few juveniles.