Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Does this work???
Posted By: rmtagg, 06-12-2008, 08:05 PM

Last edited by rmtagg; 06-12-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Views: 1,539
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Damn Brit

I don't know, the volumes turned down.
But seriously Rosemary, I like the bokeh on the first one but I think it needs a bit of a crop on the left. It's a shame the shot isn't an inch or two lower so that you get more of the in focus guitar neck at the bottom and not the guy's neck at the top.
the second one is a good shot, not as artistic as the first, but I still think it needs a fraction from the left cropped.
Welcome back.
Gary
06-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Second one is cool (I'm a guitar player as well, but acoustic), first one I wish the headstock hadn't been cut off, although the background is cool!

Also, watch the blown highlights on the guys hands (I know sometimes it's hard in bright light)
06-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #4

Sipmle answer.....YES
Quite nicely really.

06-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the first one needs to have a bit more of the in-focus guitar included. There's so much of the blurred part that my brain is tricked into thinking that's the focal area, tries to focus there and it makes my eyes hurt. If the focused part was a bit larger(or more of it) and a bit higher it wouldn't hurt so much. I have to take my eyes off it really quickly to keep them from hurting.

I really like the 2nd one. The highlights don't bother me on that one. I suppose it would be good to have more detail in the hand but it's still a very nice shot. It's very obviously taken in the bright sun and that's probably how it would look to the eye as well. And it's a different view as he's tuning rather than playing.

Both are a nice and interesting new way of seeing. The color is amazing. Nice work.
06-13-2008, 05:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am with Mel on this.
06-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #7

I think they look great! I like the bokeh in both, and the second one captures an "intimate" moment between musician and instrument.

06-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
Second one is cool (I'm a guitar player as well, but acoustic), first one I wish the headstock hadn't been cut off, although the background is cool!

Also, watch the blown highlights on the guys hands (I know sometimes it's hard in bright light)
You and me both! I so wish i had caught the shot a little better.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fritzvds Quote
Sipmle answer.....YES
Quite nicely really.
Thanks, this is one of those , hm, does it drive the eyes crazy pics

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I think the first one needs to have a bit more of the in-focus guitar included. There's so much of the blurred part that my brain is tricked into thinking that's the focal area, tries to focus there and it makes my eyes hurt. If the focused part was a bit larger(or more of it) and a bit higher it wouldn't hurt so much. I have to take my eyes off it really quickly to keep them from hurting.

I really like the 2nd one. The highlights don't bother me on that one. I suppose it would be good to have more detail in the hand but it's still a very nice shot. It's very obviously taken in the bright sun and that's probably how it would look to the eye as well. And it's a different view as he's tuning rather than playing.

Both are a nice and interesting new way of seeing. The color is amazing. Nice work.
I really wish I had caught this shot a little different, more of the head of the lower G. that would have made it so much better I think.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I am with Mel on this.
QuoteOriginally posted by tdmsu Quote
I think they look great! I like the bokeh in both, and the second one captures an "intimate" moment between musician and instrument.

I was trying to do something a little different. This was my first band shot and it was out side off the patio of a rest. and right in front of a bunch of trash cans too. Ugh, no way of not catching them in the shots. Band was great though and I want to see if they are playing some where else.
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Get a bigger hammer.
06-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Once he gets it tuned, I'm sure it will work fine. Oh, you meant the picture! I like it, especially the colors.
06-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
Igilligan

I like the first one the best

Rosemary, color, bokeh, exposure all work better for me in the first one, but like you and the others, I wish it had a tad more of the guitar head in it... great effort and still a nice pic...