Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunday city walk
Camera: K3 Photo Location: Utrecht, Yhe Netherlands 
Posted By: Carpon, 06-29-2015, 12:00 AM

Nice weather and a full battery what more could you want?

I tell you, a new lens to play with and get to know, last shots taken with my new Pentax SMC D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR, so far I just love it

Attached Images

Views: 824
06-29-2015, 01:51 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Nice weather and a full battery what more could you want?
I'd settle for that too, if you've any spare "nice weather" send it over will you?

That new lens seems to working well in your capable hands, I'm guessing it's a keeper then.
06-29-2015, 04:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

This is such a great set--I think the tele as a walk-around lens really suits your way of seeing the world.
06-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
This is such a great set--I think the tele as a walk-around lens really suits your way of seeing the world.
You remembered well and are so right and still love my 16-50 but creatively this suits me better.

---------- Post added 06-29-15 at 01:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'd settle for that too, if you've any spare "nice weather" send it over will you?

That new lens seems to working well in your capable hands, I'm guessing it's a keeper then.
Thank you for you're kind words, and yes it's a keeper It's getting tropical here in Holland 30+ this week, to hot for me will try to divert this high-pressure area you're way.

06-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Carpon Quote
still love my 16-50

Your countryman "Fries" works a lot of magic with that lens--both landscapes and reportage--so definitely keep it in your bag!
At any rate, the shot of the sculler for me is the standout image...great monochrome possibilities, too, since the composition is so spot-on.
06-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Your countryman "Fries" works a lot of magic with that lens--both landscapes and reportage--so definitely keep it in your bag!
At any rate, the shot of the sculler for me is the standout image...great monochrome possibilities, too, since the composition is so spot-on.
I will look him up, his work that is. About the sculler, saw him coming other side off the bridge and tried to pre focus as good as I could (I love this lens but auto focus on moving subjects is the worst off all my lenses) first 3 shots were sharp enough 2nd is the one you see, rest was to bad out off focus. Quite happy with it once I saw it on the big screen. It's a lens I really have to learn to handle well.
06-29-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Carpon Quote
It's getting tropical here in Holland 30+ this week, to hot for me will try to divert this high-pressure area you're way.
Aye I would appreciate that... we are struggling here to get up to 20's, however there are threatening rumours apparently of better to come.