Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2015 Gatineau Air Show
Lens: D F4 300mm Camera: K3 Photo Location: Gatineau, Quebec ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Keebler, 07-03-2015, 11:20 AM

Hi folks,

Various shots from my trip to the Gatineau Air Show with my boys.

Unfortunately the clouds were darker although I'm grateful the rain held off.
I was hoping for more brilliant colours, but I'll take what I can

No WWII planes flew so I only have static photos of them with my kids and there were so many people that I could never get a clear shot (at least to my liking

I did managed to get a quick shot of ex-astronaut Chris Hadfield posing in the Sabre. I screwed up that photo as I think my K3 was analyzing the darker background - I couldn't seem to get the right setting, but at least it was ok. I was panicking because I knew he was only posing for a few seconds. Any advice on how to correct that one in the future is appreciated.

Snapped most of these with my Pentax D F4 300. I bought this lens 2nd hand from a guy who was downsizing and I just love it.
It seems much crisper and better colour renditions than my Sigma f2.8 70-200. So in other words, I guess I'll be saving for the Pentax 70-200 due out later this year! lol

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Keebler

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 1,268
07-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Nice Photos.
Tip for important shots with difficult background. use centre or user selected AF and use Bracketed multiple exposures and make sure the af point is on subject. Make sure Link AE to AF is on.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 07-03-2015 at 01:54 PM.
07-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #3
Keebler

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Nice Photos.
Tip for important shots with difficult background. use centre or user selected AF and use Bracketed multiple exposures and make sure the af point is on subject. Make sure Link AE to AF is on.
Thanks Silver. I'll review those features. I wasn't happy I didn't know what to do. Honestly haven't come across that before, but will correct
07-03-2015, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Keebler Quote
Thanks Silver. I'll review those features. I wasn't happy I didn't know what to do. Honestly haven't come across that before, but will correct
also shoot in TAv set your shutter speed at least the same as the focal length eg: 200mm set 1/250th sec or shorter.70mm set 1/90th sec or shorter