Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Smoke - Haze from Canada Forest Fires
Lens: Pentax 18-135 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Wisconsin ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F14 
Posted By: theoicarry, 07-05-2015, 09:33 AM

Here in Baraboo Wisconsin we have been seeing a smoke and haze in the air as a result of the fires in Canada (according to our weather for cast). It is probably in my mind but at this time we can actually smell it. My heart goes out to our Canadian friends and all that are fighting this terrible fire. Not sure where the fires are in Canada but we are more than 1000 miles south of there.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 829
07-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It is horrible that's for sure. It's been overcast from forest fire smoke in my western Canadian city (Winnipeg) for a week and a bit and we're hundreds of miles from the forest fires in Northern parts of Saskatchewan and my home province, Manitoba.

BTW, there are some Wisconsin forest fire fighters who have come up here, to help us in fighting these fires. I believe Canadian provinces and American states have a reciprocity agreement, where forest fighters from different provinces/states travel back and forth to wherever the fires are bad. Americans and Canadians are very good neighbours in a lot of ways.

We appreciate the help from other places...Quebec and Wisconsin to name a couple and I'm sure there are other provinces/states that I'm not aware of who have sent personnel.