Posted By: Sailor, 07-06-2015, 03:43 PM

. . . . . . . . they just fade to B&W.

Jer

Views: 699
07-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sharp detailed shots of a classic..............well spotted.
07-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

This your new "toy"? I can hear it calling..."Sailor, buy me"!
07-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
really works in b/w Jer, it seems to me there was a Martini racing team way back in the 70's, they raced in 24 Hour events?

07-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Sharp detailed shots of a classic..............well spotted.
Thanks much, EM.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
This your new "toy"? I can hear it calling..."Sailor, buy me"!
This one's not on my list (for which my wife is grateful).

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
really works in b/w Jer, it seems to me there was a Martini racing team way back in the 70's, they raced in 24 Hour events?
Thanks, old buddy. Martini and Rossi sponsored a lot of Porsche racing at LeMans and other places back in the day. Porsche still sells Martini livery appliqués for current 911s (although I don't know why anybody would do that), and they offer a number of M & R accessories and clothing to this day.

I've no idea of the history of the car I photographed for this little series; it was parked - unattended - at a charity event at a local track I attended on Saturday. My guess is that this car was born a street car (it appears to have a sunroof) rather than a factory racer (which would probably be worth too much to show up in Brazoria county anyway). Still, it looks like it's had a lot of action on the track.

Jer
07-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
Forum Member

Love the photos of the old 911. Black and white is particularly fitting, and the sharpness is great!

As an aside, a buddy of mine owns a BMW shop. We outfitted his walls with various detail shots of classic BMWs in B&W 11x14 prints and the customers seem to love them. If you know of a shop owner who appreciates photography it could be a good spot to sell a few prints, these included.
07-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sweendiggs Quote
Love the photos of the old 911. Black and white is particularly fitting, and the sharpness is great!

As an aside, a buddy of mine owns a BMW shop. We outfitted his walls with various detail shots of classic BMWs in B&W 11x14 prints and the customers seem to love them. If you know of a shop owner who appreciates photography it could be a good spot to sell a few prints, these included.
I really appreciate the very kind words.

I'd like to see your buddy's shop and your great pics of the classic Bimmers; I own and drive both a Porsche and Bimmer so I appreciate both marques. I'll probably be in Connecticut next month - is your friend's shop anywhere near Hartford?

Jer
07-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I really appreciate the very kind words.

I'd like to see your buddy's shop and your great pics of the classic Bimmers; I own and drive both a Porsche and Bimmer so I appreciate both marques. I'll probably be in Connecticut next month - is your friend's shop anywhere near Hartford?

Jer
He's in southeastern CT, maybe 20 minutes from the RI border. Will you be in Hartford the whole time? My clients are around there so I work in that area most days.

Also, he's a big Porsche guy as well. I'm not sure if he has any Porsche artwork on the walls, but maybe a year ago he ended up with the front bumper off of the Turner Motorsports M3 race car that was torn off at Lime Rock I believe. That is now hanging from the wall in his shop

07-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
We'll be visiting our daughter and her husband - and I don't know now what our schedule will be. We will do some sightseeing; my wife and I lived in Boston back in the day so we have some favorite haunts. However, our "kids" have just bought a new house, so we may be enlisted as labor for part of our visit! If it looks like I'll have a free moment, I'll PM you.

I'd like to see that bumper, I've owned BMWs for years but just got into the "M business" last November when I bought a M4 coupe.

Jer
07-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man I would love to have one of these rigs. I'm ready to ditch the boring Ford Escape and get flashy coupe like this. Sign me up!
07-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Man I would love to have one of these rigs. I'm ready to ditch the boring Ford Escape and get flashy coupe like this. Sign me up!
Your name's already on it, my friend.

Jer