Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Monsoon Moods
Lens: DA 35mm F/2.0 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Noida ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Inexorable, 07-07-2015, 06:21 AM

Monsoons rains provide a welcome respite from the searing (40-46 deg C) summer heat in North India. Monsoon clouds are always welcome, more so when they look ominous, because they bring just rain, no strong winds.

Met has forecast a weak monsoon this year, but so far the rain has been plentiful. (As always, met will have a good explanation why their forecast has been off the mark for a months now!)

The monsoon system revived after a two week lull yesterday, bringing relief from the oppressive heat and high humidity from the earlier monsoon spell. The clouds came in from the east laden with moisture from the Bay of Bengal.

I clicked the shot below using multiple exposures.

Today evening the clouds came from the west, as the monsoon trough linked up with a Western Disturbance. The shot below was taken with the camera handheld, and isn't the sharpest. My wife alerted me to the drama while looking out of our kitchen window and I rushed to the roof top with my camera to click the magical lighting condition. I was perhaps a few seconds late, but the shot is good enough.

Views: 701