Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

my new "Toad"
Posted By: Bob Harris, 07-07-2015, 09:16 PM

Gone are the days of Corvettes and Hot Rods, our main ride now is a Toad "towed on all down". Since we went full time traveling in our motorhome 10 years ago, we started buying vehicles that we could tow and go off road and explore this beautiful country of ours. Jeep has always been our choice and since one of our granddaughters needed a newer vehicle, we had a great excuse to purchase a 2015 Jeep Trailhawk and give her our Grand Cherokee. So it's in with the new, out with the old and so far we are very happy with our choice.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Bob Harris; 07-07-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Views: 1,777
07-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
...the NAV and my wife both give me directions at the same time and you know how that can be.
Just want you to know I nearly snorted coffee out my nose when I read that!

07-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Just want you to know I nearly snorted coffee out my nose when I read that!
I had to give our NAV voice lady a name and Dora after the Explorer seemed appropriate to me, she speaks out of a speaker on my left. My wife Terri on the right will speak to her as if she is actually in the car. Well if I'm following Dora's directions, Terri will interject and say something like, I would go down a block further. If I get off course, Dora says the route needs to be recalculated, or stop and turn around. My wife says, see I'm right. No I say, she is just going along with you because you changed the route. I love it when we get lost and Dora gets us out of a jam that my wife got us into, I don't have to say a thing.
07-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Great looking toad. Also, great name for your NAV voice. Sometimes it's difficult to trust those things.
07-11-2015, 08:22 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemock Quote
Great looking toad. Also, great name for your NAV voice. Sometimes it's difficult to trust those things.
Nice hearing from you Mike, hope your travels are going well and you are enjoying your adventures. Actually so far so good but I always have Terri as my chief navigator on board to straighten things out. Travel Safe.