Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my new "Toad"
Camera: K3 Photo Location: Colorado 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 07-07-2015, 09:16 PM

Gone are the days of Corvettes and Hot Rods, our main ride now is a Toad "towed on all down". Since we went full time traveling in our motorhome 10 years ago, we started buying vehicles that we could tow and go off road and explore this beautiful country of ours. Jeep has always been our choice and since one of our granddaughters needed a newer vehicle, we had a great excuse to purchase a 2015 Jeep Trailhawk and give her our Grand Cherokee. So it's in with the new, out with the old and so far we are very happy with our choice.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by Bob Harris; 07-07-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Views: 1,778
07-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shot.

Amazing how things change, eh? Neither vehicle is what pops up in my mind when I think, "Jeep".
07-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Very nice shot.

Amazing how things change, eh? Neither vehicle is what pops up in my mind when I think, "Jeep".
You're right about that, our first Jeep was the Wrangler but we wanted a little bit more luxury for our old bones.
07-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bob, you are definately doing something right in your life and I'm sure you deserve it!
Enjoy the new Jeep - looks great!
I have to pack my suitcase again and will fly to China and Japan next Sunday. But surprinsingly I have been looking at some Motorhomes lately ...

07-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice pix. We replaced one of our vehicles a couple of months ago and we came very close to buying a new, 2015 4WD Cherokee. The Jeep Cherokee is an excellent vehicle.

Your Cherokee Trail Hawk is one capable 4WD vehicle.

About a year ago, our son bought a new 2014 Jeep Patriot with the Trail Rated off road package. It's his first Jeep and he's been very pleased with it and I've been impressed with the Jeep line.

Les
07-07-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Bob, you are definately doing something right in your life and I'm sure you deserve it!
Enjoy the new Jeep - looks great!
I have to pack my suitcase again and will fly to China and Japan next Sunday. But surprinsingly I have been looking at some Motorhomes lately ...
thanks Norbert for the kind words. We've been camping/RV'ing since the late 60's and the motorhome really gives you that feeling of freedom from the outside world.

---------- Post added 07-07-15 at 08:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice pix. We replaced one of our vehicles a couple of months ago and we came very close to buying a new, 2015 4WD Cherokee. The Jeep Cherokee is an excellent vehicle.

Your Cherokee Trail Hawk is one capable 4WD vehicle.

About a year ago, our son bought a new 2014 Jeep Patriot with the Trail Rated off road package. It's his first Jeep and he's been very pleased with it and I've been impressed with the Jeep line.

Les
Les, Jeep has made it even more difficult to purchase a vehicle to tow. If you want one with an auto transmission you have to make sure it has the Jeep Active Drive 2 setup. All others can't be towed and as it is standard on the Trailhawk, that is why we chose it. It is a bit overkill for us as we won't use it as a rock climber, but have already tested it by running through a 1/4 mile of one foot mud on a backroad here in Colorado and was quite pleased the way it preformed.
07-08-2015, 02:19 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Had a Jeep Grand Cherokee once (the 2000 model). Nice shot and enjoy you're new car looking good and comfortable.

07-08-2015, 05:43 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, I like the purposeful look of your new Jeep, brother Bob - I especially dig the black wheels! :

I also very much like your photo - the past and future in a single exposure.

Jer
07-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Lookin' good Bob! You can't go wrong with a Jeep...but you already know that!

My Wrangler will celebrate its 18th birthday soon and is still good as new! It is my favorite ride, and even beats out my little Audi TT on most days as the "go too" ride of choice.

Best Regards!
07-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #10

Excellent! How do you like the Trailhawk so far?
07-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Very sweet looking ride Bob.---charliezap
07-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Carpon Quote
Had a Jeep Grand Cherokee once (the 2000 model). Nice shot and enjoy you're new car looking good and comfortable.
thanks so much, we'll be towing it on the road after our stay here in Colorado soon as I get the towbar put on the front, another $1800 installed.

---------- Post added 07-08-15 at 05:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, I like the purposeful look of your new Jeep, brother Bob - I especially dig the black wheels! :

I also very much like your photo - the past and future in a single exposure.

Jer
the aluminum wheels were an option buddy and when they get dirty you really don't notice that much as the standard chrome. It's not a Porsche but this works best for our travels.

---------- Post added 07-08-15 at 05:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Lookin' good Bob! You can't go wrong with a Jeep...but you already know that!

My Wrangler will celebrate its 18th birthday soon and is still good as new! It is my favorite ride, and even beats out my little Audi TT on most days as the "go too" ride of choice.

Best Regards!
Now that's a Jeep, great looking Wrangler you own Rupert. You won't be scrapping bottom on that beauty.

---------- Post added 07-08-15 at 05:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sweendiggs Quote
Excellent! How do you like the Trailhawk so far?
We've only got about 1200 miles on it so far, but the quality control and build is very impressive. There are lots of electronics that I don't need, the NAV and my wife both give me directions at the same time and you know how that can be. [COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 07-08-15 at 05:20 PM ----------

Last edited by Bob Harris; 07-09-2015 at 06:42 AM.
07-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very sweet looking ride Bob.---charliezap
something that you could use up your way during the winters Charlie, thanks my friend
07-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
the aluminum wheels were an option buddy and when they get dirty you really don't notice that much as the standard chrome. It's not a Porsche but this works best for our travels.
Hey, buddy - while riding my bike today I saw a Trailhawk! - same color as yours but without those super cool wheels on yours. I dig the aggressive, yet "down-to-business" look of this car.

BTW, I recall that a few years ago in one of our forum discussions, I remarked to our mutual friend Rupert that there are some interesting parallels between Jeep and Porsche. Both began as focused, single-purpose brands well outside the mainstream. Over the decades both have expanded their offerings and softened that focus, but they still are very good doing what they do. Also, both now are the most valuable brands in their respective conglomerates: FCA and VW-Audi.

Enjoy your new car, old friend.

Jer
07-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, buddy - while riding my bike today I saw a Trailhawk! - same color as yours but without those super cool wheels on yours. I dig the aggressive, yet "down-to-business" look of this car.

BTW, I recall that a few years ago in one of our forum discussions, I remarked to our mutual friend Rupert that there are some interesting parallels between Jeep and Porsche. Both began as focused, single-purpose brands well outside the mainstream. Over the decades both have expanded their offerings and softened that focus, but they still are very good doing what they do. Also, both now are the most valuable brands in their respective conglomerates: FCA and VW-Audi.

Enjoy your new car, old friend.

Jer
changing times for sure buddy, who ever would of thought that VW owns Porsche and Fiat owns Jeep. What's next, China owns the USA As Bob Dylan said "The Times They Are A-Changin' ".