Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Tes' Hane
Posted By: Bob Harris, 07-16-2015, 09:42 PM

Photos taken from our travels, this is Newspaper Rock, a petroglyph panel that is etched in sandstone and records the activities of early man over 2,000 years ago. Tes' Hane is what the Navajo call it, "rock that tells a story". There are no known ways of correctly identifying the age of this panel or what the actual meanings are, although by viewing it, it seems some of the etchings speak for themselves. The area is right next to Utah Route 211, 24 miles northwest of Monticello on the main road into the Needles section of Canyonlands National Park. This is one of the finest displays of Indian rock art to be found anywhere in the U.S. This is also one of the few petroglyph sites that is so easily accessible and can be viewed and photographed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 

Views: 1,877
07-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I remember a wall on one side of the road and a river (creek) on the other, which looks like it fits the description of where Newspaper Rock is...
Yes, you're exactly right, there is a river/creek that runs there, my wife just reminded me.