Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
How 'bout A Pepsi?
Posted By: J.Scott, 06-15-2008, 08:28 AM

We found this old bottle cap (circa 1960's) while doing reno's to our house. It's kind of beat up but not bad shape for being forgotten in an attic for over 40 years. I was doing some flower macros and decided to do a quick 'product shot' of the old lid.

As Kim Mitchell says, "Might as well go for a soda."

Let me know what you think.
Views: 1,519
06-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice find Jeff - I am going to see Kim Mitchell in a few weeks (Huge ball tournament 250 teams , Huge beer garden, Saturday night headliner )
06-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Huh. There's a colon between "Pepsi" and "Cola."

Your shot taught me something.

Dunno what it means, but...there you go.
06-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Macro. I reckon there would be a collector out there somewhere who would really be interested n that.
I had a number of old Coke. Fanta and Pepsi bottles (about 60 in all). Put some on ebay and got as high as $70 per bottle. Nice little earner.

06-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Dave. Enjoy the concert with 'Kimbo' - he's a party animal!

Thanks Lithos - it warms the cockles of my heart to think that I learned ya sumptin! I didn't notice the colon until you mentioned it.

Thanks Bruce. I have some Coke memorabilia around somewhere; like miniature coke bottles that they used to give out if you took a tour of the bottling plant. I also have a genuine Coke cooler that I won in a radio station contest, too. It's pretty cool.